Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Calling all doctor who fans!

gp2.0

Post Sun, Nov 24 2013, 7:00 pm
To anyone who's seen the anniversary special, can we all jump and squeal for a minute?

OMG I'm in happy shock. Can't believe they actually did what they did! (Spoilers.)

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Nov 24 2013, 7:58 pm
I thought the first hour was soooo drawn out and a bit boring but the 2nd half was great. my daughter and her friend and I were squealing and crying all over the place...lol. Esp 10's last line. How evil of Steven Moffat!!

BabsB

Post Sun, Nov 24 2013, 9:46 pm
I LOVED IT.

It really was amazing, but my only beef was we didn't see the end of the Zygon/Human negotiations! After seeing the scarf girls make their little realization, I figured it was going somewhere. But then blamo, nothing!

Oh well, I don't care. The episode was awesome. I'm pumped for the x-mas Special.

enneamom

Post Sun, Nov 24 2013, 10:07 pm
I've been in Who Heaven. Very Happy (Incidentally, I tried to message you, gp2.0) Loved the scarf-wearing Osgood, 10's bunny rabbit speech, the part with "no! 13" and just everything. Did anyone see "An Adventure in Space and Time?" It was almost better than the anniversary special. A real tearjerker, especially at the end...

bigsis144

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 12:36 am
I immediately scrolled down to the reply box so as to avoid spoilers...

*obligatory River Song gif here*

but I have a question for you Whovians:

With my amazon prime membership, I can watch every season through the halfway point of series 7 before hitting a pay-per-episode wall. It's $14 for the second half of season 7, plus $7 for the Day of the Doctor.

Is it worth it?!?!?!??? Very Happy

I haven't seen any of the Clara episodes except for her other incarnations in the Dalek and Snowmen episodes, so could I skip those and just go straight to the 50th anniversary, or is there lots of meaningful plot/arc stuff in those episodes?

enneamom

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 1:18 am
I would think you should watch The Name of the Doctor, at least. Or you could just Google the summary, if you don't mind spoiling that episode for when you do eventually watch it.

BabsB

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 1:31 am
Like many of the specials, this one could probably be watched independently.

But it is a LOT better if you are caught up.

If you're willing to wait a few weeks I'd be willing to bet the price of the episodes will drop.

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 4:31 am
You can get them for free but it's probably illegal...

I thought it was ok. I guess I was so hyped up for it, anything would have been a disappointment! I also was confused that we didn't see an end to the negotiation with the duplicates.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 12:30 pm
loved it.

I also felt they let the negotiations drop awkwardly.

I kept thinking at first that the stone dust was the Angels (who will be in the Dec 25th special (I didnt say the name of the day because I didnt want the filters to kick in)

Great to see #10 again.

Itll be interesting to see where they go from here

gp2.0

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 10:37 pm
Exploding anger I was really disappointed by the xmas special.

I guess after the massive 50th anything would have been a letdown, but this episode was so slapdash. At times it seemed more like an interview answering questions with some images and music playing in the background. "Oh, you were wondering about A, and B, and C, and D? OK we're going to throw the answers at you. Bam, bam, bam." And clara seemed even more two-dimensional than usual.

Hidden: 

I am soooo disappointed that they already sort-of solved the mystery of the missing gallifrey. I thought the doctor would journey around searching for it and finding little clues everywhere and that would be the next season arc.

oh well that's doctor who, sometimes I love it and sometimes I love to hate it...

dr. pepper

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 10:51 pm
Well, DH is a huge fan and was super pleased with the 50th anniversary one.
I'll have to ask him about this one; he hasn't even mentioned anything about it. Maybe he doesn't know? (but I feel like that would disqualify him as a real diehard fan)

BabsB

Post Fri, Dec 27 2013, 12:50 am
gp2.0 wrote:
Exploding anger I was really disappointed by the xmas special.

I guess after the massive 50th anything would have been a letdown, but this episode was so slapdash. At times it seemed more like an interview answering questions with some images and music playing in the background. "Oh, you were wondering about A, and B, and C, and D? OK we're going to throw the answers at you. Bam, bam, bam." And clara seemed even more two-dimensional than usual.

Hidden: 

I am soooo disappointed that they already sort-of solved the mystery of the missing gallifrey. I thought the doctor would journey around searching for it and finding little clues everywhere and that would be the next season arc.

oh well that's doctor who, sometimes I love it and sometimes I love to hate it...

Hidden: 

Gallifrey is still missing, technically. They didn't really explain the new generation. The where and the when of the time lords getting through the crack is still a mystery!

I was overall kind of underwhelmed by the Xmas episode. But mostly because there was a LOT and it kind of confused me a bit. I will probably have to watch it again.
But, with my personal taste, I sort of get frustrated when the writers can't just keep it simple.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics