Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Sheva brachos

shanamaidel

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 9:38 pm
Can anyone recommend a place for sheva brachos, milchigs/fleishigs that is mid line in price in brooklyn?

doctorima

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 9:44 pm
You're definitely going to get more for your money with milchig, if you're okay with that. For milchig, you can go to the nicer places like Venezia, Renaissance, or Orchidea. For the same price on fleishigs you won't get as high-end. You could try Essen (where Essex on Coney used to be), Yunkee (next to Chap-A-Nosh), possibly El Gaucho or Glatt a la Carte (more expensive). Good luck!

pesek zman

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 9:54 pm
Olympic pita and Moshi Moshi

amother

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 10:01 pm
Actually, I find that milchigs is usually more. China Glatt has good prices, Gardeen of eat-in if you have asmall crowd,..Spoons in Boro Park is cheaper than Spoons in Flatbush- I think... and if you have you r own place to do it in- Fallsburg Bagels has a nice package called 'buffet at the table'

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 10:12 pm
We just made all the calls.

Best prices are:
China Glatt
Chateau 51
upper level of Seville Manor
Kaff Kafe

Note that some of the restaurants I called served family style for more than the prices of the above places and the party did not take place in a private room.

I had been meaning to call El Gaucho but didn't get around to it.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 11:02 pm
Cafe Hadar
Cafe Shalva
Spoons in BP
China Glatt
Olympic Pitta

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 8:34 pm
Just wanted to add that most halls charge extra for waiters and most restaurants charge extra for service and tax. Make sure to ask about the extra charges when you call!

To follow up on my previous post, please see prices below (best prices from all the calls we made)

China Glatt - upper level private party room: (don't remember offhand - was the best value but they were booked for the night we wanted) ETA: $1,170 for 20 couples. $25-27 per person ($25 chicken options only, $27 chicken and meat options), plus 2 waiters at $170. Minimum of 20 couples.

Sevilla Manor upper level: $1,500 for 30 couples ($25 per person). Includes waiters and upgraded chicken cutlets. Minimum of 30 couples.

Kaff Kafe (dairy) - closes establishment for private party: $1,000 for 20 couples ($25 per person). Includes servers, dishes, etc. Minimum of 20 couples.

Chateau 51: $1,025 for 25 couples ($20.5 per person - chicken cutlet upgrade extra $2 per person). Includes waiters. Minimum of 25 couples.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Dec 10 2014, 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 2:09 pm
ra_mom, thank you so much for posting the above information. Although it's a few months later, your thoughfulness saved me a lot of pricing phone calls.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:
ra_mom, thank you so much for posting the above information. Although it's a few months later, your thoughfulness saved me a lot of pricing phone calls.
My pleasure. I actually just updated the China Glatt information as I am preparing for another Sheva Brachos BH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics