Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Attn Photographers!

Peek-a-boo

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 2:40 am
Hi.. I'm looking to purchase a professional camera. I would love to hear from some photographers on what camera you have, if you are happy with it etc. Also, in regard to what needs to be purchased with it ie lens etc.

Thanks so much!

Peek-a-boo

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 10:05 pm
bump...

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 05 2013, 10:33 pm
You're asking a very broad question.

What do you want the camera for, what is your budget, is it just for family or do you want to go into business, what kind of photography are you intersted in, do you know if you have an eye for it, etc.... these are just some of the pieces you need to consider.

Also, there's a whole world of photography forums out there where you might get more useful info.

Peek-a-boo

Post Wed, Nov 06 2013, 1:11 am
thanks for responding olive!
I have a canon powershot g12 and love taking pics of my kids.. many people have asked me to take pics of their kids as well and I have gotten many comments that the pics look professional..
this is something I really enjoy doing and I was thinking of going into the business, starting with outdoor pics since I dont really have the place for a studio at this point, lighting etc. If it goes well I would consider renting a studio, taking a course re lighting etc.. but that is all just dreams right now!
I basically just wanted to hear what people would recommend as I would love to get started.. I don't know the price range at all...
Thanks!

racz

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 11:28 am
are you interested in going to a DSLR, you can find one for 300-400 dollar range.

interboro2

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 5:07 pm
I became interested in photography as well. I purchased the dslr canon xsi with the 50mm. I think its a great camera to start out. I have added a flash as well since it was hard taking good pics indoors.

bnm

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 8:54 pm
I want something that will work well in low light and is QUICK. my son is quicker than my 5 year old camera

mirror

Post Wed, Jan 01 2014, 9:23 pm
B&H photo offers free photography classes in their events room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art