Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Payment rates for frum magazines

iluvy

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 11:38 pm
How much are Ami and Binah paying these days for one-page essays? Mishpacha recently changed from $75 to between $65 and $75, you don't find out until they print it, so I'd like to find out if I can get more for my work elsewhere.

Thanks!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 12:19 am
If youre a regular/commissioned writer, it's 10c per word.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 12:35 am
I'm more interested in what they pay for unsolicited submissions, if accepted. I imagine not the same rate they pay the people they commission for specific tasks?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 12:45 am
probably a little less. also some pages have a standard fee. you can email and ask, they are very nice.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 12:49 am
10c a word is for submissions. Commissioned writers get much more. Well, it varies very much depending what they write).

iluvy

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 1:20 am
Mishpacha pays 10c/word for non-commissioned. But they have a flat rate for certain pages. Does anyone have information about flat rates for the other magazines?

smss

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 1:38 am
just saw on a writer's list that binah pays $35 per poem now and is looking for submissions.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 9:25 am
The Binah publishes poems and is looking for submissions? What is their contact information?

smss

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 9:28 am
I think it's submissions [at] binahmagazine.com

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 9:33 am
I had a few short stories published in the Binah. They paid 7 cents per word (although this was a few years ago, maybe they have changeed since?), so I ended up making around $175-$200 per story.
You can email them- here is the auto-reply I got when I first submitted:

Thank you for your submission to Binah Magazine. We have changed our system in order to expedite the submissions process. Please read and follow instructions below.
In order to process your submission, you must forward it to ONE of the following e-mail addresses: Submissions sent only to this e-mail address will not be answered.
1. For poems: afterthoughts@binahmagazine.com <mailto>
2. For short stories including both fiction and non-fiction: stories@binahmagazine.com . All pieces should have a word count of between 2000-3500 words. Please indicate if the story is fiction or non-fiction.
3. For personal essays involving teachers and education: teachersroom@binahmagazine.com <mailto> . Word count for these articles should be a maximum of 1,000 words.
4. For personal essays involving situations with special children: allourchildren@binahmagazine.com <mailto> . Word count for these articles should be between 1,000 and 1,200 words.
5. For personal reflections which impart a message culled from everyday incidents as well as life-changing situations: realitycheck@binahmagazine.com <mailto> . Word count for these articles should be a maximum of 1,000 words.
All submissions must include your name or a pseudonym, your email address, and preferably your phone number. Binah will honor confidentiality if specified, but we must have a way to reach all contributors.
Please note that all submissions are subject to edits. We try our best to notify the contributor and discuss edits but Binah reserves the right to publish even if the author cannot be reached. Binah’s submissions policy is that all works are to be original and unpublished. Handwritten submissions as well as faxes are no longer being accepted. To pitch an idea for a feature topic, make a suggestion for an interview or offer to be interviewed, please send a brief note to features@binahmaga
zine.com.[/size]

Good luck to all aspiring writers!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 9:42 am
Mishpacha pay me 10c a.word for commissioned stories. Should I be asking for more? Or is the rate only higher for non fiction?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics