Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Gemach ideas
Previous  1  2

Liba

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 2:00 pm
We have a burn shield gemach in our house. It is Hatzala's burn shields, but we store them, advertise them, and give them out and collect money for them when needed. They are in a small basket on top of our bookshelf by the front door.

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 2:02 pm
pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a burn shield?

Liba

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 2:07 pm
http://www.burnshield.com/defa.....ID=71 They are emergency first aid gel pads to put over burns and keep them moist and help the burn heal better.

spinkles

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 8:04 am
I have a gemach that lends pregnancy/childbirth/nursing books. Unfortunately I'm getting really frustrated with people not returning them when they're supposed to. So my recommendation would be, whatever gemach you choose to do, have one that is about giving stuff away rather than lending it out...unless you have the time to make a million awkward phone calls.

nameless

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 8:39 am
There is someone near where I live with a staple gun gmach. That comes in handy for all sorts of things. You can do the same with tools if you have any or want to buy a few just to have.

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 9:07 am
thanks sprinkles I was thinking about the same type of thing (since I own some anyways...) but was wondering about that kind of thing. I've gladly lent my books to any friend who could use it though.

UQT

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 12:06 am
Someone in Lakewood just started a clicks/straws & connectors gemach for people to take when they have lots of kids over (I.e. during a shabbos sheva brochos) or people can borrow a new toy right after they have a baby to keep their kids busy.
I think it's brilliant

Newmom248

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 11:21 am
hi,
I am pregnant with my first b'H and just started getting nauseous again in my third trimester-anyone able to give me the info for the gemach mentioned here for the nausea bracelet? I am in israel. thanks a million Smile tizku l'mitzvos!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics