Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Anyone doing Apartment Therapy's January cure??
Previous  1  2

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 8:06 pm
If you do it every week, it doesn't add up, and its that much easier to do.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 8:19 pm
I think I'm going to give myself a bracha that one day I will live in a house big enough for me to find it overwhelming to clean the floors Smile

amother

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 1:09 pm
Quote:
I think I'm going to give myself a bracha that one day I will live in a house big enough for me to find it overwhelming to clean the floors Smile

Amen! But be careful what you wish for! I'm exhausted. And trust me, my house isn't exactly a McMansion. It's pretty small (most people here make extensions). I'm happy to see that a lot of people doing the Cure aren't done with their floors and are still working on them today. I think it's really only doable to do all your floors in one day (since frummies don't have Saturday) if your floors are clean to begin with, or if you're in an apartment. That's the feeling I get from reading the Apartment Therapy comments, at least.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 2:25 pm
amother wrote:
How do you have the time to do it so frequently? How long does it take you?

It takes much less time when you do it frequently because you're doing mostly maintenance cleaning rather than deep cleaning.

I also do a lot of "clean as you go" and try to minimize messes in the first place.

I'm also big on decluttering. It's much harder to really clean when the floors and surfaces are cluttered.

I make sure everything has a place. So when I'm picking things up off the floor to sweep/mop, I don't have to think about where to put anything. It just goes right back in it's place.

I probably don't spend more than an hour on cleaning each day. Some days more, some days less.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 2:25 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. Living room floor is done. Stairs are done. DH is actually steam-cleaning the couches as we speak! I dusted the end tables and moved the plants into the kitchen and sprayed them with my sink sprayer. They're drying now. My children are driving me absolutely nuts though. Bedtime cannot come soon enough. Will tackle the rest of the downstairs when they're in bed IYH.

That's fantastic! Congrats!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 07 2014, 7:22 pm
OP here. Thanks for the suggestions and chizuk! I finally finished my main level floors today! Dancing Hooray Applause Cheers

The living room floor was horrendous, but the kitchen floor was a breeze, so I see you're right about it being much easier if you keep on top of things. I'm trying to!

Today's Cure assignment is a cinch, they just want you to come up with a box to put stuff in that you might want to give away. You're supposed to give it a week and then make a decision. Not a problem for me--I get rid of stuff all the time. So I'm caught up, woo hoo!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics