Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Strange situation. Should I send a hostess gift?

ElTam

Post Sun, Jan 12 2014, 2:45 am
So we stayed by friends this Shabbos. They live in a nearby town. I had offered to cook two dishes. One was simple but the other is quite the patchke but it's delicious and well worth it. As we were leaving to go there, she called and asked if we had left yet, and when I said we hadn't, she asked if I would take the food to a friend of hers in my town who is ill. Whoever was supposed to make her friend food Shabbos flaked out and didn't deliver. So I did.

But then, we went empty handed because the food is what we were bringing. I didn't have time to stop and get flowers or wine or anything. Should I send something now as a hostess gift?

rosenbal

Post Sun, Jan 12 2014, 3:13 am
Maybe a nice thank you card instead?

LisaS

Post Sun, Jan 12 2014, 3:23 am
No present you could give her could compare with the chessed you did for her friend, which made your hostess happy, and was something she couldn't do herself. I agree with the above comment - if you really feel lacking then send a thank you card. But you already gave the greatest gift.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics