Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Frequent guest?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 2:03 pm
So there is a 25 year old single "girl" who comes for Shobbos lunch quite frequently. I am about 10 years older with a bunch of little kids and I enjoy the company. DH doesn't usually get back from shul until 2 or later (he gives a shiur) so it's nice to have someone to talk with.

So she calls me the other day and days "does it bother you that I eat by you so often?" I said of course not, I hadn't given it a second thought. I really do enjoy the company and hate it when food goes to waste. I guess I was also raised with the value of hachnassas orchim.

Turns out another older single "girl" in the community made a comment to her how she finds it odd how generous I am with my food with this girl. Now the girl feels bad. Like she is taking advantage of me.

What can I do to fix this???

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 2:19 pm
I feel so bad for your friend, that was such a thoughtless comment of the other woman to make!!!

I would suggest that you not make a big deal out if it. Keep inviting her. Do mention to her that you value her company. Maybe throw in a comment that making food for one more is not a bother, and you don't make any extras, or something to that effect.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 5:25 pm
Call/text her frequently and make a point of inviting her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics