Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Pareve ice cream maker recipes

sandwich

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 10:21 am
anyone have any good pareve ice cream maker recipes?

sandwich

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 2:05 pm
anyone?

cookielady

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 3:12 pm
I'd love some too.

mandksima

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 2:06 am
I make a chocolate sorbet, I believe I posted it before but I can check if you want.

mandksima

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 2:08 am
I'm also going to experiment with coconut milk and coconut cream with a chocolate flavor to mask the coconut scent/taste with substituting my regular chalavi recipe and if it comes out good, I'll post it.

cookielady

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 6:54 am
mandksima wrote:
I make a chocolate sorbet, I believe I posted it before but I can check if you want.
Please do. Tia.

mandksima

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 3:38 pm
I found it.

For non-dairy, I have been very successful with chocolate only. You may want to try chocolate mint chip as a variation. Just add 1/2 tsp or slightly more mint flavoring/extract (I'd taste the mixture first before adding more) at the same time as the vanilla.

Combine in pot:
2 1/2 cups natural flavor soy milk/chocolate flavor (or other pareve milk like rice or almond or even coconut milk/cream)
3 eggs yolks (save whites for something else)
1 cup sugar

Cook till coats spoon then remove from flame. Usually takes about 5 min on a med flame stirring very often, lowering flame if sticking to bottom of pot. Off of the flame, add in 1/3 cup cocoa sifted into pot and mix well. Cool completely and add a bit of vanilla (mine is made from vodka so it helps with making it less icy as well and more scoop-able, you can add 1/2 T vodka if desired) and an additional cup of soy milk mixed with a few teaspoons oil (I do that because I'm skipping cream/whip). Mix in shaved chocolate if desired and mint flavoring if desired. Put in ice cream maker and stick in freezer. This is a GREAT chocolate sorbet!

It needs a good 7-10 minutes to sit out on the counter and soften before serving.

Lately, I've been adding xanthan gum to my ice cream recipes to improve scoopability and softness/richness without added fat. It does help but is tricky to use. I use 1/2 tsp only and put it in an empty salt shaker (otherwise it clumps when mixed and is a goopy mess) and shake into pot mixture while vigorously whisking right before I take it off the flame, before adding the cocoa.

cookielady

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 12:59 am
Mocha decadence (totally delicious, totally unhealthy)

Freeze ice cream maker according to instructions.

1 cup non dairy creamer
2 T instant coffee
2 T cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar.
Mix above ingredients until sugar is dissolved.

Then add 16 oz riches whip. Mix until smooth. Pour into ice cream maker. Mix 20 to 25 minutes. It will be more like soft serve ice cream. Transfer into container with tight seal. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
Truly easy and delicious!

anotherima

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 6:12 pm
cookielady wrote:
Mocha decadence (totally delicious, totally unhealthy)

Freeze ice cream maker according to instructions.

1 cup non dairy creamer
2 T instant coffee
2 T cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar.
Mix above ingredients until sugar is dissolved.

Then add 16 oz riches whip. Mix until smooth. Pour into ice cream maker. Mix 20 to 25 minutes. It will be more like soft serve ice cream. Transfer into container with tight seal. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
Truly easy and delicious!
I tried this recipe and it's easy and very good. We don't like mocha ice cream so I use two tablespoons of cocoa instead of the coffee (so entire recipe is FOUR tablespoons of cocoa). I also put in half a teaspoon of peppermint extract.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics