Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Twin down blanket and queen duvet cover

optimist

Post Fri, Jan 17 2014, 4:25 am
I have a 48 inch bed and got my first set of linen from a jewish store. I purchased a set containing a 48 inch sheet and twin duvet cover.

I'd like to buy a set from walmart that only comes in queen. would a queen sized duvet look silly if it covering my twin down blanket?

Heyaaa

Post Fri, Jan 17 2014, 4:27 am
Yes it would look silly. Maybe if you know how to sew you could cut down the sides

Happy18

Post Fri, Jan 17 2014, 8:08 am
You could also take it to a dry cleaners and have them do it.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jan 17 2014, 1:28 pm
I have always used a queen duvet (with a down comforter in it) on my twin beds. It does almost touch the floor on the sides, but it looks nice. We like a large comforter to wrap up in. I would have gone with full, but the comforters only came in twin, queen & king sizes.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 17 2014, 3:31 pm
A twin size blanket will get all twisted when used in a queen sized duvet cover. It would move around all the time and you would never be able to get confortable in bed.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jan 17 2014, 3:33 pm
ra_mom wrote:
A twin size blanket will get all twisted when used in a queen sized duvet cover. It would move around all the time and you would never be able to get comfortable in bed.

That is correct. In case I was not clear above, I am using a queen sized comforter inside of a queen sized duvet cover on a twin sized bed.

Dandelion1

Post Sat, Jan 18 2014, 8:31 pm
I actually buy twin sized duvets for my king size comforters and stuff it all in to the twin sized duvet which makes it super thick puffy and warm. I wouldn't do the opposite though... not enough blanket to fill the material of the duvet.

Dandelion1

Post Sat, Jan 18 2014, 8:35 pm
Incidentally, Overstock seems to have some pretty nice duvets now, and some decent sales.

optimist

Post Mon, Jan 20 2014, 2:38 am
thanks, yall . sounds like best idea would be to get a queen down comforter and use them inside my twin duvet covers as well. ill use our current twin comforters for guests

amother

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 9:03 pm
Just wanted to let everyone know I found a very reasonable set at overstock.com

I will have to match up a fitted sheet & extra pillowcase, but for $15 and change each, you really can't do much better.

It's 100% cotton & feels soft. Will have to see how it holds up to washing.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 23 2014, 9:07 pm
I seriously love this site. I had no idea I was so normal till I read all the posts and can relate to so many of them. Smile my nightly discussions wig my husband usually start with you know what I read on Iam today?!
We had twin down blankets and wanted to buy sets on rue lala so would need to be minimum queen. We ended up buying queen blankets since in the long run it was cheaper than altering a bunch of sets.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics