Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
What do I do with dry baked chicken

Learning

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 3:04 pm
I was given a tray with baked chicken probably with pepper garlic and onion powder. Dc don't like it because its a bit dry. Can I use it to make something yummy? I was thinking maybe to put a good dressing on it and heat it up or fry it with potatoes. Any ideas?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 3:32 pm
Chicken salad with a nice dressing?

SJcookie

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 3:33 pm
Stirfry or chicken lo mein. Yum!

Learning

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 3:52 pm
Thanks. Do you have a yummy recipe for the salad and stir fry that children will like? TIA

elisheva25

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 5:46 pm
Cut it up and serve over green salad mix, maybe add cherry tomatoes and croutons and parve ceasar dressing...it will be yum Smile

4eyes

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 6:49 pm
You could do a stir fry or fried rice (even better if you have leftover rice too!)with it. I do this all the time. Kids have loved it, because its like take out.

1- Skin chicken and chop it up.
2- Chop peppers, onions, mushrooms or just use frozen mixed veg or broccoli.
3- Make a sauce out of soya sauce, some brown sugar, rice vinegar and crushed ginger.
4- heat some oil in a large pan or wok, add some crushed garlic until its fragrant, then add your onion and chicken and stir it around. If using raw chicken, cook it through. (If using precooked rice, add it here)
5- Add your sauce, and let it all simmer a few minutes.
6- We like our veggies on the crisp side so I add them at the very end and barely cook more. If you like softer you can add them earlier.
If you want spicy, add pepper flakes to the sauce.
If you want a thicker or shinier sauce, more like takeout you can mix a bit of cornstarch with water and add it to the sauce before the veggies.

If not making fried rice, serve over fresh rice and enjoy!

yogabird

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 7:53 pm
My family loves this as a sandwich on baguettes with sliced pickles, and cole slaw on the side;

Take chicken off the bone and shred with a fork. Sautee a sliced onion or two until caramelized, add the chicken, some ketchup, soy sauce, honey and garlic powder, let cook a bit until heated through.

3mitzvos

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 2:44 am
one vote for chicken pot-pie!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey