Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
City Mini vs. City Mini GT

nameless

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 7:26 am
I've basically narrowed it down to a City Mini. Can I hear thoughts and comments on the difference between the regular City Mini and the GT? What do you love and what do you hate?

elaela

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 7:40 am
I have te regular cm

I love:
the large seat (comfprt for child)
the easy folding

I dont like:
it does not fit into our elevator (by half an Inch Sad )
no suspension / springs (I think the cm gt has better wheels and therefore more Suspension)
doesnt steer super smoothly but it could be worse

zoom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 8:14 am
Hi. I also have the regular city mini an I'm very happy with it. One of my friends has the gt and she is also very happy with it but it has air wheels so its meant to be lighter to push. At the time when I bought mine I didn't think about this ESP because the gt is a lot more expensive, but now that my daughter is 21 months I find it quite hard to push- well she is chubby aswel, but I'm presuming that with the air wheels it's a lot easier to push and takes a lot of weight off.
I would have loved to try them both out with a toddler in and see which is easier to push. Maybe you could do that if you want.
Hope this helps

PishPoshBaby

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 10:54 am
The GT is basically a more full featured City Mini. It has an adjustable handlebar whereas the regular City Mini does not. It also has a hand brake vs. a foot brake. The seat itself is larger and more padded and can hold up to 65 lbs as opposed to the City Mini's 50 lbs. It also sports all terrain wheels which will make walking and pushing on all surfaces much easier. The only downside is because of the wheels and the frame being a little more sturdy it is 19 lbs vs City Mini 16. Good luck!

sunny90

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 11:23 am
I had the mini and it broke and I got the GT.

It is a little bigger but still managable for me (and I'm pretty short), and I love the adjustable handlebar, the brake, and most of all the suspension! My kids are pretty big boys and it was so much easier to push my 2 yo once we got it...
Oh yeah and the basket is also a little bigger and easier to access.

chevi1

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 12:28 pm
I have the GT but the double. I'm so so glad we got htat and not the mini, because it definitely serves our purposes better- it is more heavy duty, but that is also what makes it so comfortable on long walks and bumps and stairs etc. sturdier, smoother ride, and much roomier for the child which is great- we go away for shabbos and both kids (oldest is a big 21 mos old) sleep comfrotably inside. reclines more than the mini, almost flat. and the basket is way easier ot access.
The only thing I dislike about it, but is a problem in all hte city series, is that the seat does not sit up fully so that the child has to lean forward when he wants to look outside....

amother

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 12:56 pm
I had both. First mini then gt.
I liked the city mini when I had it, but then it was getting impossible to push uphill since my kids were getting bigger (I live in brooklyn).
We got the gt and it made life so much easier in terms of pushing it. I get to destinations quicker :-)
The kids are more comfortable!
The gt also does not have separation by the handle bar so you can push with one hand, and be on the phone/hold an umbrella with the other. Not possible to do with the city mini.
Gt is heavier so if you go in and out of cars and you have trouble lifting heavy things it may be a problem. My husband puts the stroller in the car so it's notva prob for me.
It folds just as great as the citi mini- one pull!
It's a little wider and longer than gt so it's less inconspicuous, and can be annoying in tight narrow stores.
Overall it's a better quality carriage.
Regular city mini deteriorates quickly.
Good luck with your decision!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 12:58 pm
Correction:
*its a little wider ...than regular City mini

nameless

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 4:59 am
You all seem to have me convined then that the GT is worth the extra money. To me the only downside is that it's a little heavier but if the cm regular is going ot get hard to push it doesn't seem that that extra weight should make much difference.

If I were to order online are there any places that are known to cell CM's cheaper?

mirimiri

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 8:11 am
nameless wrote:
You all seem to have me convined then that the GT is worth the extra money. To me the only downside is that it's a little heavier but if the cm regular is going ot get hard to push it doesn't seem that that extra weight should make much difference.

If I were to order online are there any places that are known to cell CM's cheaper?

I have the GT-Love it! the folding is easy, the brake is SO easy, the wheels make the ride smooth and you can fully push and control it with one hand. Huge plus-the seat is machine washable. Overall the gt just feels like a sturdier, better quality stroller over the reg one.
As for where to buy it, I got mine from a website called mystrollers.com, (they sell everything not only strollers) they're known for giving the cheapest price out there, and they'll price match if you find it for cheaper...Don't know where you're located but they also have a showroom in Brooklyn, I think somewhere near V and mcdonald, not sure though.
Hope I helped

Tekky

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 8:15 am
Whatever u choose - decide quickly. u can get a 2013 model at a significantly lower rate now.

wereafamily

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 10:17 am
Don't have any, I have the City Versa & love it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics