Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Great wolf lodge in PA

amother

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 6:13 am
Is anyone going there this week?

momtra

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 6:17 am
We were there last week- it was great!
Any questions?

nosher

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 6:21 am
Yes. Thanks for responding! How was the tznius? Were there couples without kids? Also did you find other frummie a there?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 8:13 am
Im not sure you can compare last week which was yeshiva break week, to a regular week.

chaya35

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 8:20 am
a lot of girls schools have vacation this week I'm sure it will be very busy. What's there to do in the area besides for camelback snowtubing? We are deciding if we should go there tomorrow.

momtra

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 8:44 am
When we were there, the majority of the people were frum and wearing the skirt and shirt bathing suits-kosher experience from teaneck delivered food and there were multiple minyanim -as mentioned, last week was yeshiva week - not sure what it will be like now

amother

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 9:09 am
OP I can't decide whether to go or not. How many hrs can you play in water?It will be too cold for Camelback I think.

momtra

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 9:45 am
the water hours are 9 to 9

baskrox

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 10:03 am
what do the men do there?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 10:31 am
They either don't come or they sit in the lobby or game room.

b from nj

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 10:42 am
We were also there last week for Yeshiva Break. One night & 2 1/2 days there is MORE than enough for me b/c it's not such a huge park to begin with but it was very crowded when we were there.

I wore the hydrochic bathing suit & felt like I was pretty covered up & many other women there wore that as well.

There is also good outlet shopping in the area but we didn't go this time (we went a few years ago).

My daughter loves it there & we pretty much went there for her b/c we got a special for around $233 for the night & we figured it was not such an expensive getaway & this way she felt like she did something fun over mid-winter vacation (even if it wasn't to Florida like most of her friends).

amother

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 12:01 pm
Wow I'm seeing prices of high 300s to low 400s.

b from nj

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
Wow I'm seeing prices of high 300s to low 400s.

I lucked out with a special winter promotion which is over now. You may be able to organize a group & get a group rate with similar pricing but you may need 9 other families..

baskrox

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 7:20 am
How do you watch different age children there. My children are ages 2-8 and I want to go, but I'm scared it will be too overwhelming. Can I rely on lifeguards for the older ones (who are not good swimmers) and watch the younger ones in a shallow area or will I be freaking out the whole time?

b from nj

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 8:16 am
baskrox wrote:
How do you watch different age children there. My children are ages 2-8 and I want to go, but I'm scared it will be too overwhelming. Can I rely on lifeguards for the older ones (who are not good swimmers) and watch the younger ones in a shallow area or will I be freaking out the whole time?

Can your husband watch some of the kids & you watch the others? For example, maybe the older kids will want to go on some of the scarier rides or slides while the younger ones may want to stay in the kiddie pools most of the time..

amother

Post Sun, Feb 02 2014, 11:36 am
Anyone going there this week? Wanted to go this tuesday. Would love to know minyan situation.

b from nj

Post Sun, Feb 02 2014, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone going there this week? Wanted to go this tuesday. Would love to know minyan situation.

I don't think any yeshivas are on vacation this week & therefore I doubt there would be any minyanim (or kosher food from kosher experience like they offered during yeshiva break etc..) but I may be wrong. Then again, I would be shocked if there would really be minyanim this week. In fact, I doubt there would be any frum ppl. there other then your family.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics