Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
How to obtain teudat hora'ah?

Ani

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 7:11 am
Could anyone please advise of the fastest way to get teudat horaah in Israel. I realise, one must complete a course for at least a year. Is there any short-cut? Are there online options for doing this? TIA

Tablepoetry

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 9:14 am
Ani wrote:
Could anyone please advise of the fastest way to get teudat horaah in Israel. I realise, one must complete a course for at least a year. Is there any short-cut? Are there online options for doing this? TIA

AFAIK there are no on-line options (let me know if you find out of any!) If you have a BA, you go to one of the colleges and take a bunch of courses. I think you can squish them into one year if you have a few days free, otherwise most people do it over two years.

Some places that offer: Oranim (in the north), Seminar Hakibutzim (Tel Aviv), Beit Berl (Kfar Saba). None of these are dati, btw, if it matters to you.

baba

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 9:23 am
Well, what do you have already?
At Hebrew U they offered a one year course that you could easily do whilst studying for your BA to become an English teacher (if your BA was in English).

Ani

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 2:00 pm
Thank you for the replies. I have a BA in Social Sciences and good (unofficial) track record in teaching limudey kodesh. Teudat horaah is really a formality. The place offering me a teaching position would much rather have me with this teudah. Apparently 2/3 of the salary would then come from Misrad ha-Chinuch. I wonder if there's a way to obtain the teudah urgently or, at least, without having have to attend a full course in person (say, do it on-line like Open University system).

Karnash

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 3:50 pm
I don't think any university or college offers an online teuda, although some michlalot have some of the courses that can be done online.
It's important to get a teudat hora'a because it has a long time effect on your salary. It's also advisable to have as many hours as possible paid by misrad hachinuch and as little as possible paid by private schools or amutot. They may promise you that your benefits and pension are just the same as misrad hachinuch, but ask anyone who has been in the system for a long time and they will tell you otherwise.

dbw

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 5:01 pm
YU Azrieli online masters in Jewish education says it may be recognized in Israel as a teudat horaah. You can check this out further
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics