Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Easy to fall through the cracks in Bais Faiga of Lakewood?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 7:49 pm
I am looking into Bais Faiga (for two years from now, I know early but it sounds like you have to in this town).
I heard good things about it, except now two people told me that if my DD needs special attention because she is very smart and strong willed, that it is very easy for her to fall through the cracks.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thank you

monseychick

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 9:55 pm
Im not from Lakewood, but have many friends there...

Smart, strong willed... That's code for controversial, scary to other girls, wont be docile, obedient, follow the rules to a tee.. Either lobotomize her or find another school, or better still another community...

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 10:03 pm
Two years is plenty of time to mellow out. I would wait and see who she develops into before trying to find the right school for her.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 10:39 pm
OP here. I actually was not talking in code.
She is a very smart child, she reads a bit already, she notices everything, etc...
She also has a strong mind of her own. She likes doing things her way and will try to argue using logic against you.

allrgymama

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 11:11 pm
Bnos Yaakov is better for academics, though I don't know anything about kids being strong willed. And no one falls through the cracks, anyway.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 11:24 pm
There are 9 parallel classes. You think your daughter will be the only smart, strong willed girl??

Bais Faiga has the top teachers. I have even heard bais faiga teachers saying that they think bais faiga is the best school in lakewood. Teachers usually see everything and know a lot behind the scenes so if the teachers feel this way that says a lot.

You need to think about hashkofa also. Each school ha a slightly different approach. Academic wise, I'm sure your daughter would be fine but how do you know this is a school for her where the hashkafos match with the ones you instill in your home?

As far as I know, it is very hard to get accepted into bais faiga if you are not a sibling. If there is any sort of issue with your daughter they will definitely not accept her since they are very particular with who they take in at this point.

monseychick

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 12:20 am
amother wrote:
OP here. I actually was not talking in code.
She is a very smart child, she reads a bit already, she notices everything, etc...
She also has a strong mind of her own. She likes doing things her way and will try to argue using logic against you.

Im sorry that I wasn't clear. I meant that as far as BF is concerned, they use these words as code..
They want very obedient girls who will follow the rules and be part of the herd..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics