Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
I REFUSE TO HELP her!!!

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 2:57 pm
Now that I spent since 8 in the morning till just recent with a small break in between shoveling 100 feet of driveway + walkway for mailman - my d had an appt - like 4 blocks away. I am frozen to the core - she could have clean off her car (which was the only thing I didn't do) early enough and put on a pair of pants to stay warm and gone herself. She moped out of the house cursing. Well I refuse to help. Not only am I frozen - she never asked + just before the snow when my car was being fixed she wouldn't let me use her car to pick up gorceries and other d from school. So there! Still defrosting!!! Help

brooklyn

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 3:29 pm
Sorry (((((((HUGS))))))))
No disrespect to you , but sounds like d needs a serious attitude adjustment. I feel bad that you are going through this.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 3:34 pm
Greenfire, you did right. Four blocks isn't going to kill her to walk.

But I'm also concerned about her refusing you the car when you needed it. IMHO, unless she is completely taking care of that car on her ownsome, then the car is at least partially yours, and you should have the right to use it if you need.

Be strong. Teens are hard. But they do respect your being strong in the end.

Hugs to you. Wish I could offer you some nice hot chocolate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children