Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Purim Seuda Theme
Previous  1  2

shalhevet

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 11:07 am
Motek wrote:
mali wrote:
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
why do you need a theme for the seuda? mm and costumes I understand, but what happened to traditional yom tov meal?
Yes Yes

you and shalhevet understand having a theme for mishloach manos and costumes? why does that make any more sense to you than a theme for the seuda? is there is an inyan in having a theme at all for anything?????

OK, you're right. I should only have nodded without the 'mm and costumes I understand' quote.
If you saw one of the threads I started on Purim you would know I am a little perplexed as to why people need themes for anything! What is wrong with Purim as a theme? Confused

amother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 11:18 am
Quote:
What is wrong with Purim as a theme?

I actually know someone who did Purim as a theme and dressed up her 4 kids as the four mitzvos of purim. really cute!

Quote:
Need ideas on limiting eating of nash kids receive, how to get them to save it??

Are you kidding! My kids are such 'savers', they usually have to throw out loads the day of bedikas chometz! Oh, dont worry, they eat plenty on Purim too, but I just gave up fighting it Confused

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 11:21 am
Motek, you're right in terms that technically we don't need a theme for anything. However, its become rather accepted to have a theme for mm or costumes, and it is pretty cute when a bunch of kids are matching, or you get a mm that isn't just a random bunch of nosh (ex: last yr my neighbor made bagels and cream cheese and a bit of jelly and oj or somehting like that). the theme for a seuda is just so novel. I mean, typically the theme was always Jewish- fish, soup, chicken, meat, kugel/pie, salad, dessert. but if you're going to make yourself crazy over costumes and mm and then also the seuda, well ppl will start dreading purim the way they dread pesach.

rise above

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 11:55 am
lol to all of you.. I have to remember them all Smile

a few different ones were royalty, fruit, wedding, animals, (don't laugh but a ) chassideshe theme, games, HMMMM
have to think back to the good old days and remember more:)

my grandmother is a cute one! her costume is always a whole major suprise!

Motek

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 1:29 pm
She sounds like a fun lady! Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus