Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Margarine free Chocolate chip cookie from whisk

IRock

Post Sat, Feb 08 2014, 6:32 pm
Hi. Can someone give me the recipe for margarine free chocolate cookies from Whisk, 4 or 5 weeks ago?

Thanks

out-of-towner

Post Sat, Feb 08 2014, 6:58 pm
Not from Whisk but I'm made this numerous times and they are amazing! No margarine!

http://morequicheplease.com/20.....kies/

d l

Post Sat, Feb 08 2014, 8:11 pm
Also not from whisk but these are so good and so easy, I make them all the time. I often do half white and half whole wheat flour- comes out great.

2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup oil + 2 tablespoons
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375
Beat eggs and sugars until fluffy then add oil, vanilla then the rest..
Heaping Teaspoonful 1 inch apart bake 8-10 min dont overbake, the cookies firm
up as they cool

IRock

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 10:28 am
Thanks d l and out-of-towner.
I still would like the Whisk recipe please. Anyone?

the chevrah

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 1:17 pm
Best Ever No-Margarine Chocolate Chip Cookies From Ami Whisk:
1 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
2 tablespoons cornstarch
21/2 cups flour
1 bag (about 1-11/2 cups)
good quality chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together oil and sugars until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the vanilla, baking soda, eggs, and cornstarch, beating well to combine after each addition. Add flour and beat until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
4. Scoop the dough using a medium cookie scoop (or a heaping tablespoon) onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, until the tops are set. Do not overbake.

Yield: About 4 dozen

November

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 1:28 pm
I'm so excited about trying these recipes. I've been searching for a yummy chocolate chip cookie recipe that doesn't call for margarine. I really don't like the taste of Israeli margarine, for some reason. Thank you for sharing!

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 2:11 pm
the chevrah wrote:
1 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
2 tablespoons cornstarch
21/2 cups flour

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together oil and sugars until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the vanilla, baking soda, eggs, and cornstarch, beating well to combine after each addition. Add flour and beat until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
4. Scoop the dough using a medium cookie scoop (or a heaping tablespoon) onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, until the tops are set. Do not overbake.

I was very excited about this recipe and I made it, but I didn't care for them. I thought the taste & texture was a little off. And BTW, the amount of chocolate chips above is 1.5 cups -- personally I find that too much and wouldn't use more than 1 cup.

IRock

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 5:10 pm
November wrote:
I'm so excited about trying these recipes. I've been searching for a yummy chocolate chip cookie recipe that doesn't call for margarine. I really don't like the taste of Israeli margarine, for some reason. Thank you for sharing!

These are delicious. So crispy. I made it once but misplaced the recipe. I found that they probably should have been frozen after 2 or 3 days, to keep the crispness so just keep that in mind.

IRock

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 5:11 pm
the chevrah wrote:
1 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
2 tablespoons cornstarch
21/2 cups flour

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins