Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Text Broker or similar

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 11:28 am
Has anyone worked for TextBroker or a similar SEO agent type site? I feel sort of dumb, but I am always trying to find online work I can schedule around my kids, but never acting on it. So finally I found a list of writing sites that supposedly allow beginners to start earning right away. They are very low pay, like this one starts me at 1.71 a word with subjects that would need some research for me. Which is fine. I am here to learn. Except I look at the instructions and I am not sure how to start. I understand that I am given key words to use once or twice in an article. But I have no idea how to insert the link for an image in there or if I need to size the image. They also say links should be included, but how many? And do I just use them as references linked into the text, but how to link? It isn't like I can just read a wordpress tutorial, because they have their own character box to paste the article in. I feel in over my head and this was suppose to be a beginning/learning thing.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 8:10 pm
are you married to SEO WRITING or could you do something online that has less of a learning curve---- PTCs, recruiting to Traffic exchanges and safelists, affiliate marketing, etc etc? I don't know the answers to your questions, but I do make money in my spare time from online stuff (my main businesses are also work at home/ around my kids' schedule type stuff but not primarily online).

we can give you the code to insert a link to an image--- but do you need to submit it coded or do they code it for you and you submit your writing and attach images? these are things you need to ask the company.

Are you sure $1.71 per word is correct? I assume there are other sites that pay more?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 8:23 pm
It is not so much as being married to it as much as seeing all these work at home opportunities (and they are not get rich quick, support your entire family type of deals) talked about in wahm.com and similar sites. Then I make excuses like I don't have a land line or I don't have original writing to submit. So this time I just took a few of the sites that don't require a lot of experience and I wrote, off the top of my head, a short writing sample and they accepted me. Now I don't know what type of html code or set up they want me to use for the links and I've heard they notoriously down rate writers for doing things wrong. They offer little instruction other than to use AP style. I was hoping maybe someone else had worked for them or something like them and could offer advice. 1.71 seems low to me at least when it works out to $5-$8 for an article that requires research (and can't look like a rewrite of another article) and needs pictures. For instance one article they are requesting are those hair style type articles you see all the time where I'd have to find five celebrity curly hair styles with five pictures taken within the last month and use their key words as I write how to recreate the styles. Right now, to make sure all my grammar is perfect so I don't get down graded that would take me about an hour. And that is fine. I am not complaining. I figure I'd like to do this for a while to exercise my writing muscle and then move on to something I'm more excited about and something more lucrative. I just feel stuck, because I finally started what I've been to hesitant to start...and I feel like I can't move forward.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers