Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Game for DH and I to play on Shabbos
Previous  1  2

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:39 pm
chess
stratego

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:41 pm
Some of these game recommendations are so good (carcassone and settlers of catan!!!) but they are not really so great when playing only with two people.
Dh is not much of a game player so when we get a game I want it to be good fun for just two people.

With my siblings we could play these games for hours!

little_mage

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:51 pm
My husband and I are fans of Dominion. Race for the Galaxy is also good. We've gotten rather into deck building games lately. Another recent favorite is Pathfinder. We tend to like most games published by Zman Games. Also, when we're looking at games, we generally check out the reviews on www.boardgamegeek.com. It's pretty good at telling how games are going to be for two people.

ButterflyGarden

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 3:38 am
We like bananagrams but we also really love Epidemic. Its a co-oparative game that you play together, we love it.

little_mage

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 6:29 am
chocolate chips wrote:
Some of these game recommendations are so good (carcassone and settlers of catan!!!) but they are not really so great when playing only with two people.
Dh is not much of a game player so when we get a game I want it to be good fun for just two people.

With my siblings we could play these games for hours!

My husband and I play Carcassone together and find it works just fine-we actually have two separate versions. So, I wouldn't rule that one out. Then again, we have board games coming out our ears...
If you like Settlers of Catan, try Terra Mystica, Clash of Cultures, or Attica that all have modular boards like Settlers. Attica is probably the most similar and simplest, and absolutely works with two players.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 7:16 am
Ticket to Ride
Puerto Rico

Sanguine

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 8:52 am
I hate Bananagrams!! I'm very competitive and I find Bananagrams stressful. You can't talk while you play.

My favorite all time game is UpWords. It's like scrabble but the best player isn't generally the person with the best vocabulary.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:07 am
anuta wrote:
I meant "on the dot"
http://www.gamewright.com/game.....w=225

That sounds like a fun game! I haven't heard of it before.

rise above

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:12 am
Abalone - fantastic game
Perpetual commotion
Blokus (we each take 2 colors)
Set
Rummicub

m in Israel

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:34 am
We also don't like banangrams so much. We bought it because so many people recommended it, but I always feel like we are just each playing our own game next to each other -- there is no real interaction.

We play Settlers with just 2 people. The dynamics are a bit different (a lot less trading going on!), but we enjoy it a lot anyway. They do have a 2 person version out, but I've never actually seen it.

Blokus also has a two person version out if you want to buy it.

As others said, classic 2 person games are good, like Stratego, Battleship, Backgammon. Sometimes we like playing kids games but twisting it up. Like "Guess Who" but picking multiple people (so you have to say "does either of your people" or "do both of your people").

Kensington -- I also have little kids at home. My husband and I play sometimes in the evening after they go to bed. On early Friday nights we play with the older kids after the little ones are asleep, or by ourselves while the older kids are reading or doing something else.

abaker

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:45 am
I vote for uno..we play it almost every week!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics