Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
ISO easy baked salmon
1  2  Next

sped

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 4:14 am
I am preparing for a siyum and expect about 20 people. I would like to bake salmon for the main course. I am looking for an easy to make, easy to rewarm and easy to serve recipe with easy ingredients, not soy sauce. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 4:25 am
Mix mayo and lemon juice and chopped dill. You can add some mustard too if you like. Spread on the salmon and bake

mfb

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 5:06 am
This is for broiled salmon
Pour pancake syrup (use regular not lite)over salmon fish side up. Broil for approx. 6-8 minutes until tops start to get brown. Turn over slices and broil for another 3-5 minutes until skin gets brown.
Times may have to be adjusted for a bit longer depending on your oven.
Enjoy

Eta this can be rewarmed. I make it for shabbos and rewarm leftovers all the time.

Last edited by mfb on Sun, Feb 09 2014, 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Sanguine

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 5:20 am
Tariyaki sauce

Happy18

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 6:02 am
I wouldn't reward. I'd prepare it in advance place in fridge and bake shortly before serving. Reheating generally dries out salmon.

Last edited by Happy18 on Sun, Feb 09 2014, 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Lizzie4

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 6:06 am
Delicious baked salmon!

2 cloves garlic, minced
6 tablespoons light olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon

Directions

In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.

pearly1

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 6:17 am
MiX mayo ketchup mustard together. Smear it ion the fillet then add cornflake crumbs on top can sprinkle red paprika garlic powder little salt on then bake you can use the flavored crumbs for a stronger flavor

baba

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 12:41 pm
The easiest is to just sprinkle it with s&p, maybe a little garlic and onion powder and cover it with sliced lemons. I wrap it in foil and cook on 180 C for about 30 min, depending on how big it is.
I know it's very simple, but I find it so yummy like this. You could always serve different sauces on the side.

libby1

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 11:56 am
if still needed heres my best ever
mix mustard and honey equal amounts about 3/4 cup each then spread over fish then coat with bread crums bake 20-25 minutes its yum!!!

ilya

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 12:04 pm
Orange juice&honey, a little s&p. 220C, 20-30 min.
Delicious

sped

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 4:13 pm
Thank you so much, everyone!

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 5:04 pm
I made this up and it got good reviews at home.
Place sliced salmon fillet in pan.
Cover with lemon juice.
Sprinkle black pepper and garlic powder.

Sauce:
Passion fruit greek yogurt with honey and soy sauce. (I know op asked to avoid that so feel free to improvise. )

Spoon sauce onto the salmon. Bake covered for 20 min at 375 F.

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 10:05 pm
Old thread.

Im looking for a very easy and delicious recipe for baked salmon, to be eaten room temperature, Shabbos day, thats a little different.

I find sealing the salmon, when baked, gives it a good texture.

sky

Post Fri, Feb 01 2019, 6:17 am
Costco sells McCormick salmon spice. It is so delicious. Just sprinkle on salmon and bake. It’s so simple. Serve room temp.

Sometimes I add some teriyaki to the top of the salmon with the spice.

McCormick Gourmet Cedar Plank Salmon Seasoning, 12.75 Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N.....Y385R

Or the first kosher by design has great salmon recipe with brown sugar soy sauce and teriyaki. It is always a huge hit.

MiriFr

Post Fri, Feb 01 2019, 6:18 am
Smear grey poupon mustard on top and drizzle honey

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 01 2019, 6:32 am
Mevater wrote:
Old thread.

Im looking for a very easy and delicious recipe for baked salmon, to be eaten room temperature, Shabbos day, thats a little different.

I find sealing the salmon, when baked, gives it a good texture.

This is my standard for salmon and people go crazy over it. And its insanely simple.

Wash and dry salmon. Place in foil (I do parchment paper in foil). Liberally sprinkle this over it. Cover for 2/3 of the cooking time and cook at 350 for about 20-25 mins depending on the size of the fish. Uncover for the last bit. You’ll have absolutely Riverview is. This is delicious hot, cold, room temp. Just don’t overbake the salmon.

https://d1doqjmisr497k.cloudfr.....6374F

karat

Post Fri, Feb 01 2019, 7:24 am
We like busy in Brooklyn’s honey mustard salmon.

DallasIma

Post Fri, Feb 01 2019, 12:20 pm
I use Pereg spice for fish dishes (they make all different spices, and there's one especially for fish). First dribble some liquid smoke onto the fish. Then sprinkle on some Pereg spice. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes (keep checking to make sure it's not overcooking). Tastes delicious!

renslet

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 3:28 pm
For me the trick is 18 minutes in a preheated oven at 350.
It's moist and delicious whatever you put on.
I sometimes put soya sauce and lemon juice
Or soya sauce and honey
Oil and season salt
I made yesterday with soy sauce and honey and it all got eaten straight out of the oven, I had to make more

Mevater

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 6:05 pm
libby1 wrote:
if still needed heres my best ever
mix mustard and honey equal amounts about 3/4 cup each then spread over fish then coat with bread crums bake 20-25 minutes its yum!!!

Thanks!

I could live without the additional sweetness of ketchup, and additional fat of mayo.

I did simply, as suggested above, but with way less than 3/4 cup of each. I added some black pepper and dill.

I baked it in sealed parchment, and it was divine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics