Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What tablecloths do you use for weekday?

spinkles

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:17 am
We eat all meals in the dining room because the kitchen nook is too small. Over the years I've tried all sorts of tablecloths--vinyl, oilcloth, fabric covered with a clear vinyl, etc. I've never found anything I'm happy with. Either they stain too easily or they look tacky. I'm looking for easy cleanup but not too tacky looking...anyone have a good solution?

coconutbutter

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 8:21 am
Just Place mats.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:13 am
coconutbutter wrote:
Just Place mats.
same here. on the dinning room table and we just use place mats, not table cloths during the week.

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:19 am
Nothing, on the kitchen table. I don't like the hassle of cleaning tablecloths during the week. Even if we eat straight on the dining table during the week, I don't cover/use placemats. Just wipe clean after.

spinkles

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:34 am
My dining room table is from a gemach and it doesn't look so good uncovered. Any other ideas? Thanks!

SingALong

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:06 am
Get a pretty cloth table cloth and cover with a hard plastic tablecloth on top. I do that for shabbos. Plastic stays in place and is easy to wipe clean after each meal
For weekday I use placemats on my kitchen table, otherwise my baby would pull down the table cloth and everything on it

sneakermom

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:43 am
Clear plastic disposable tablecloths.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:48 am
Have you considered refinishing your dining tabletop so it looks more presentable? Yes, this really can be a DIY project.

boro parker

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:50 am
chana_f wrote:
My dining room table is from a gemach and it doesn't look so good uncovered. Any other ideas? Thanks!

for minimal cost you can get a tabletop cover.

spinkles

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 2:54 pm
What is a tablecloth cover?

Maybe someday I'll tackle refinishing the table, but right now I have no time.

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 3:05 pm
I have 2 dark cloth tablecloths, one black, one brown. We spill, and machine wash, and they don't seem to stain. Got them in Marshalls. One looks like this, though I'm not sure if it's the same brand.

http://www.amazon.com/Benson-M.....cloth

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 8:29 am
We eat in the living room always (kitchen is noisy, hot, etc).
Our table looks fine uncovered.

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 12:37 pm
I have the same issue. I cover mine with colourful chenille throws but I really need to replace them at this point. My kids usually eat at the kitchen counter so the tablecloth doesn't get that messy, but you could use placemats so you don't have to constantly wash the tablecloth.

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 12:38 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Fall-Che.....r=1-5

I had one very similar to this.

mother of boyz

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 1:38 pm
There's a beautiful new fabric; crocodile velvet avail in all colors
I've seen linen and tablecloths from it in the stores and I just sewed up my own in gold for my dining room
I cut to size and simply made a seam by the edges . Looks great
I'm not sure where you live but you can probably get the fabric in any fabric store
Good luck

Willow43

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 2:29 pm
I didnt read the comments so sorry if this repeats but bed bath and beyond has non absorbable tablecloths which dont (really) stain. the ones I have in WHITE did start staining after a few years but I bought a few in dark colors for weekday and those look brand new. I love that theyre washable too.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 2:47 pm
I got a vinyl tablecloth for my kitchen that looks like leather. They come in many colors and prints ie. alligator, crocodile etc. I just windex it and it cleans very easily. They are very popular and are sold in many stores in Lakewood. There is also a company called Falco Industries. He is a frum man who comes to your house with the fabrics and he makes them up to fit your table. I was also told that many fabric stores sell this material and you can just buy the fabric and bring it to someone to finish the edges.

Frenchfry

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 4:26 pm
Nothing for milchig, and vinyl for fleisig. Cloth on shabbos.

gr8 mom

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 5:04 pm
Which stores in Lakewood sell the vinly Tabelcloth that looks like leather?

dee's mommy

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 5:13 pm
I use colour and prints tableclothes. Yes, they get stained, but I don't mind that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics