Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Millions of Graco car seats recalled

Basya

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 8:13 pm
http://www.usatoday.com/story/.....6939/

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 8:20 pm
Ok, this title is very dramatic... In actuality, no one is in danger. If anyone has those year/model seats and finds that the clasp is difficult to open, she can contact graco for a new set of straps.

Basya

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:03 pm
I just copied the title from the article. Perhaps you found it dramatic, but all I provided was a link.

Secondly, as a parent struggling daily with the straps, knowing that one day I might not be able to unlatch them at all with my child in the seat is pretty dramatic to me.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:06 pm
Yeah, I think the article title is dramatic. According to them:

In an e-mailed statement, Graco said it "identified that food and dried liquids can make some harness buckles progressively more difficult to open over time or become stuck in the latched position."

relish

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 9:20 pm
Thanks for the info.

emama

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 10:58 pm
Maybe it needs to be dramatic to get our attention. I know it is just a buckle, but if you had to get your child out of the car due to an emergency, it would be a great concern.

From an article on this recall: One parent complained to the safety agency that it took 45 minutes to free her toddler and that worked only after the straps were loosened and the girl was squeezed between them. “It is extremely unnerving to have this happen to your child,” she wrote. “What if we had a car fire or a car accident?”

Other parents could only get their children out by cutting the straps.

People can obtain a new buckle by calling 800-345-4109 or emailing consumerservices@gracobaby.com."

groisamomma

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 11:06 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Yeah, I think the article title is dramatic. According to them:

In an e-mailed statement, Graco said it "identified that food and dried liquids can make some harness buckles progressively more difficult to open over time or become stuck in the latched position."

If your kid spills Powerade on his car seat then it will make the buckle sticky, which will make it harder to open over time. Simple.

Basya

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 2:28 pm
My kids don't drink anything other than water in their carseats, and it still is quite hard to open. I thought it was the cold weather that was causing the difficulty, but now I know it is due to the defective buckle.

For all those looking for an easy way to get your replacement buckle, see the following link and fill out the form.

http://www.pages02.net/newellr.....ecall
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics