Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Sensory brush- Bklyn or monsey

abound

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 4:21 pm
Anyone know where I can buy a willbarger or corn brush in Brooklyn or Monsey? It is the brush that is used to brush children that are sensory.
Thanks

Fabulous

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 4:44 pm
Funthinks on 15th ave and like 57

mfb

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 4:48 pm
Not sure about those but someone once told me to try exfoliating gloves which should be available in drug stores.

otsrock

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 5:30 pm
You can get the specialized wilbarger brush on amazon. Or you can get a vegetable brush in a kitchen store for 1/4 the price. Make sure the bristles are bendable but not too soft or hard.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 5:36 pm
Fun thinks on 14 ave corner 58st off 14th

seeker

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 6:02 pm
Vegetable brush is fine. I got a pack of 10 "wilbarger" brushes online not too pricy at all but dunno who needs 10... If you just need 1-2 I could just mail you some of my spares...

abound

Post Sun, Feb 16 2014, 11:52 pm
Thank you all. I bought one in Funthinks and it was not the right one. I know that any sort of deep pressure would be good. But willbarger works for my son and he likes it and you know how picky a child with sensory issues can be. Smile if you have any other ideas I would be happy to hear.
THanks again.

goforit

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 2:04 am
Park surgical has them. Good luck

abound

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 7:47 am
goforit wrote:
Park surgical has them. Good luck
'
Thank you. Where is it? Bklyn or Monsey?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 9:07 am
I'm not sure what kind of vegetable brush people are referring to here, but the ones I'm familiar with are not appropriate for use on bare skin. The bristles are nothing like those on a surgical brush, they're much stiffer and coarser.

abound

Post Mon, Feb 17 2014, 12:28 pm
Thank you everyone. I was waiting for a place near me to get it in for 5 weeks. I gave up and decided to get it in NY because my friend will be there for a few days. The place near me just got it in. Thank you anyway, I appreciate the ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)