Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
The Parameters and Paradoxes of Being an Orthodox Woman

BlueRose52

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 8:43 am
I think she makes some very astute observations.

The Parameters and Paradoxes of Being an Orthodox Woman
Quote:
If all of these inconsistencies between your general lifestyle and traditional approaches don’t bother you, they may bother your daughter. And if they don’t bother your daughter consciously, they may bother her subconsciously. And by that I mean that even if she cannot articulate any issues she has, somewhere deep inside she has to deal with these paradoxes. To do so, she either ignores them and doesn’t think too deeply or tells herself that was then- it doesn’t apply now. Either of these scenarios runs the risk of significantly diminishing the passion with which the next generation commits to Halachic Judaism. When there are major inconsistencies in how you think the Torah law understands something and how you live in your “regular” life, you are already making your commitment to a Torah lifestyle severely diminished.

BlueRose52

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 8:48 am
Also worth mentioning, I got this from FB and the person who posted it said that he knows the writer and that she is chareidi (by most people's definition). Not that this fact in any way changes the points she's making, but I think it adds another dimension to her points.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links