Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
VIDEO: Shomron Residents Have the Last Laugh; Pay Large Fine

potatoes

Post Sat, Feb 22 2014, 8:31 pm
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html
Shomron residents appealed the uprooting of olive trees on Givat HaRoeh. The court ruled the petitioners must pay the legal fees amounting to 5,000 NIS after losing the appeal. The money was paid to attorney Sfarad in 10 agorot coins.
Eight Shomron youths arrived in the law office of Michael Sfarad carrying eight pails of 10 agorot coins. Sfarad is the attorney for left-wing activists that petitioned the Supreme Court to compel the uprooting of the olive trees planted by Yonatan Rothschild. They also called on the court to distance Rothschild from the area.

They went to the Bank of Israel and withdrew 5,000 NIS in 10 agorot coins, 50,000 coins to be exact, and schlepped it to the office of attorney Sfarad to make the payment.
Officials in the attorney’s office explained it may take a number of days to write the receipt that they have to count the money.
Shomron residents involved in the case explain “we respect the court and therefore we were certain to pay the amount required.”

imasoftov

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 7:24 am
I hope the judge ads jail time for contempt of court.

Marion

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 7:51 am
Why contempt of Court? They complied with the Court's order. I think it was nonsensical to do what they did, but they are not in contempt.

baba

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 8:15 am
Didnt google do the same to apple?!

imasoftov

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 8:35 am
Marion wrote:
Why contempt of Court? They complied with the Court's order. I think it was nonsensical to do what they did, but they are not in contempt.

Because being shot out of a cannon is not found in the Israeli legal code.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics