Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Share your healthy dinner menus
1  2  Next

greeneyes

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 11:31 am
This thread was inspired by Monsey Mom!

Here's my tentative menu for this week:

Sunday:
broccoli soup
red potatoes with spinach and mozzarella cheese

Monday:
Moroccan Hamburgers (KBD Short on Time) on Ezekiel buns
salad

Tuesday:
mushroom barley soup
Tex Mex salad with goat cheese (from KBD teens & twenty somethings)

Wednesday:
vegetable soup or salad
Thai chicken burgers (KBD teens and twenty somethings) on Ezekiel buns

Thursday:
vegetable soup or salad
Ezekiel wraps topped with a mixture of part skim ricotta cheese, spinach, salt & pepper & baked in the toaster oven

Tiale

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 11:34 am
Bump. I'm working on my menu now

amother

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 2:43 pm
Sunday:
baked sesame chicken with broccoli
steamed rice

Monday:
brisket with carrot and onion
creamy mashed potatoes

Tuesday:
eggplant parm
baby spinach and tomato salad

Wednesday:
vegan lasagna
butternut squash soup with onion garlic croutons

Thursday:
grilled vegetable and feta cheese wraps

amother

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 4:17 pm
http://m.parenting.com/v/Recipes/BeefNPeas
I use brown rice, ground turkey sometimes, and I skip the scallions. It's so good!

SesameSeeds

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 4:27 pm
amother, how do you do the baked seseme chicken? I only know how to do it fried..

thank you!

Capitalchick

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 5:36 am
I found a great new healthy dinner that everyone went nuts for. I desperately needed to use up odds and ends from my fridge, so I took all my veggies and grilled them and put them into individual bowls. Then I sautéed just one pack of lean ground beef (plain) and put into a bowl. Then made some basmati rice (plain), chopped tomatoes and cucumbers and carrots (all raw), sliced lemons and avocado, shredded cabbage, etc.

I had about a dozen bowls on my table, and I added whatever healthy sauces I could: guacamole, salsa, homemade mayo, etc. and I also had tortilla wraps for whomever wanted.

Everyone could pick whatever they wanted and could build whatever meal they felt like eating.

We all just made a big messy pile of food on our plates, mixed in some sauce and ate. My husband and kids loved it! And it didn't take as long as you'd think! And it was a great way to use up odds and ends from my fridge!

amother

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 11:42 am
SesameSeeds wrote:
amother, how do you do the baked seseme chicken? I only know how to do it fried..

thank you!

I didn't see this post until now but basically I dredge the chicken cutlet nugget sized pieces in a mixture of flour, sesame seeds and seasonings. Drizzle or spray with olive oil. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Boil up sauce of soy sauce, honey, water, ginger, red pepper, corn starch until thickened. Pour over baked nuggets.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 5:19 pm
Bump

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 9:56 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't see this post until now but basically I dredge the chicken cutlet nugget sized pieces in a mixture of flour, sesame seeds and seasonings. Drizzle or spray with olive oil. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Boil up sauce of soy sauce, honey, water, ginger, red pepper, corn starch until thickened. Pour over baked nuggets.

I'm craving sesame chicken but on a restricted diet. How can I do a sauce without soy sauce, peppers, ketchup, corn starch? Any ideas?
I need to stay away from preservatives as well so duck sauce or jam won't work...
Tia

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 11:30 pm
amother wrote:
I'm craving sesame chicken but on a restricted diet. How can I do a sauce without soy sauce, peppers, ketchup, corn starch? Any ideas?
I need to stay away from preservatives as well so duck sauce or jam won't work...
Tia

Take some frozen peaches, defrost and blend, add a little bit of balsamic vinegar to give it a little tang.

I do the same with dried apricots that I soaked, but don't know if they have preservatives.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 12:42 am
amother wrote:
Tia

What can you have?
You can make a sauce with honey, tomato paste, orange juice, toasted sesame oil, garlic, ginger, salt.
Any of those ingredients not doable for your restricted diet?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 10:53 pm
amother wrote:
Take some frozen peaches, defrost and blend, add a little bit of balsamic vinegar to give it a little tang.

I do the same with dried apricots that I soaked, but don't know if they have preservatives.

Thank you! Will try with lemon juice. Vinegar is out. And add some of the suggestions from ra-mom. Tomato paste is also out...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you! Will try with lemon juice. Vinegar is out. And add some of the suggestions from ra-mom. Tomato paste is also out...

Is tomato juice in (like with SCD diet)?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 11:16 pm
No cooked nightshades.
My diet is as follows: (can use menu planning help!)
No beans of any sort ( including cofee, cocoa, peas etc,)
No wheat (spelt and kamut are OK though b"H)
No nuts
No oats or white rice
No dairy
No processed sugars, preservatives and chemicals
Breakfast is up to 4 cups fruits
Lunch is a starch and salad
Supper is protein and salad with sprouts or switch and do protein for lunch and starch for dinner.
I can snack on dried fruits, coconut, or way better sweet potato chip but best to limit snacking.
I need ideas first of all on how to go about chulent. I think I need to do like a sefardic chulent! Dunno how its done!
Need more salad ideas, especially for those sprouts cuz I don't love cow grazing...
Also, its best if I utilize my one starch a day to a very healthy grain. I'm bored of quiona and kasha already. Need ideas for alternate grains like millet, farro etc. And cuz I'm early pg. cannot look at fish or chicken bottoms ,( and red meat not an option) .
AND I'm CRAVING CHOCOLATE!!!!!! (And cheesecake and kokosh cake. Yum!)
So, anyone up for the challenge in helping me with a menu?????
TIA!!

ETA: I can now increase to a starch and protein for lunch and dinner.
Clarifying re fish- I do eat tuna and flounder ( ok, also sea bass but who affords that?)
Help for menu would be greatly appreciated!!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:54 am
amother wrote:

I want to make this tonight. Do I need to cook it as well?

cbg

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:13 pm
amother wrote:
No cooked nightshades.
My diet is as follows: (can use menu planning help!)
No beans of any sort ( including cofee, cocoa, peas etc,)
No wheat (spelt and kamut are OK though b"H)
No nuts
No oats or white rice
No dairy
No processed sugars, preservatives and chemicals
Breakfast is up to 4 cups fruits
Lunch is a starch and salad
Supper is protein and salad with sprouts or switch and do protein for lunch and starch for dinner.
I can snack on dried fruits, coconut, or way better sweet potato chip but best to limit snacking.
I need ideas first of all on how to go about chulent. I think I need to do like a sefardic chulent! Dunno how its done!
Need more salad ideas, especially for those sprouts cuz I don't love cow grazing...
Also, its best if I utilize my one starch a day to a very healthy grain. I'm bored of quiona and kasha already. Need ideas for alternate grains like millet, farro etc. And cuz I'm early pg. cannot look at fish or chicken bottoms ,( and red meat not an option) .
AND I'm CRAVING CHOCOLATE!!!!!! (And cheesecake and kokosh cake. Yum!)
So, anyone up for the challenge in helping me with a menu?????
TIA!!

ETA: I can now increase to a starch and protein for lunch and dinner.
Clarifying re fish- I do eat tuna and flounder ( ok, also sea bass but who affords that?)
Help for menu would be greatly appreciated!!
m

Warning
I never tried any of these recipes
Here's a farro "cholent"
https://www.washingtonpost.com.....ee4eb
Leave out fava beans, and any other ingredient you can't have.

Cheesecake, raw vegan and nut free
http://rawmazing.com/recipe/st.....nuts/
You can substitute carob for cocoa, or leave it out.o

I don't have a kokosh recipe, but here's a nice cinnamon recipe
Again I never tried it, but it looks good.
http://www.feastingonfruit.com.....olls/

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 11:17 am
Thank you cbg. Can't wait to try the cinnamon thing. Need to wait for the bananas to ripen more.

smileyfaces

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 5:52 pm
Bump

Looking for some inspiration for healthy dinner. No carbs and no sugar.

Tonight is cauliflower rice and meatballs and veggie soup

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 6:01 pm
Wow you are all amazing...

To me, at this very pregnant moment, a healthy dinner consists of:

“Cheerios and milk”

As opposed to the less healthy version of:

“HONEY NUT Cheerios and milk”

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 7:08 pm
Keto pizza:
I cup mozzarella cheese, 2 eggs, I cup riced cauliflower. Mix the "dough" and spread on baking sheet. Bake for about 20 min. Top with sauce and more mozzarella cheese. Bake til cheese is melted.

I do a lot of chicken salad and salmon salad-with spinach and other veggies

Fish patties from canned salmon made with eggs and flax meal as a filler
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking