Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Unusual ADHD Presentation
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 12:18 am
OP here. How do you deal with discipline with such a child? I understand that his impulsiveness makes it hard for him to control himself but it's still very difficult when he gets angry and hits or when he doesn't listen.

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 12:32 am
On one foot on an anonymous internet forum, the best I can do is suggest that you find a good behavior modification therapist to help you out personally. Also strongly consider medication. I know why many are wary of this, it is not simple, but it can be a real lifesaver at times, sparing children a lot of struggle and heartache. My person opinion is that people who want to avoid medication must choose alternative strategies to try, give them a reasonable trial period, and then if they don't work give medication a try. For many people it has made the biggest difference, and this is empirically supported.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)