Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Games theme help needed please

amother

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 9:16 am
my kids will be dressing up as twister, checkers, memory
what can I give out for shaloch monos and what can I put it into?

precious

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 9:38 pm
I'm still thinking...this is not fully thought out yet, but to give you an idea...
You can give a "game" - you can decorate a bar of chocolate as a game board -print something out or photocopy something you draw and tape/glue it on. you can find some sort of candy to serve as the pieces - button candy, box of lemonheads. I cant think right now of what to use for spinner or dice. you can package it in a clear bag or a cardboard box and decorate the cover to look like a game

amother

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 10:23 pm
My mother once did a "chips" theme. She collected Pringles cans for the container, which she wrapped in some kind of paper. She included potato chips, chocolate chip cookies, and some poker chips. I'm sure there is more that I don't remember.

sky

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 10:39 pm
I saw something last year where they included a checkers board and chocolate coins as the pieces or something like that - I saw it after it was disassembled.

precious

Post Sun, Feb 23 2014, 10:42 pm
oriental trading has square dice containers

amother

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 10:08 pm
so in the end we are doing twister, checkers, candy land
and Mr. potato head
any other ideas of what to give out
and any cute poems
and how to tie it into purim?
thanks

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 7:40 am
amother wrote:
so in the end we are doing twister, checkers, candy land
and Mr. potato head
any other ideas of what to give out
and any cute poems
and how to tie it into purim?
thanks

I would somehow tie it into Purim using the whole "lottery" idea of Purim coming out on that day. Since lottery (or Lotto, or even Bingo) is a game, that could work well. Your card could be a lottery ticket or bingo card and you can use chocolate lentils or red hots as the tokens. I would definitely pack it all in a game box or a box decorated to look like a game.

If you wanted to get super creative, you could make a custom game board to include in the MM using all of the games you are dressing up as. Use twister moves, checker pieces and the Potato Heads as game pieces, and twist your way to Shushan to celebrate Purim with lots of candy from Candy Land.

Then your food could be cookies in the twister colors or checkerboard cookies, roasted baby potatoes, a bag of red hots (tokens), and lots of candy Smile

amother

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 8:06 am
For twister use a strip of candy dots (looks just like a twister board...) have a poem about how the Purim story has so many twists and turns...etc.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 11:00 am
anyone have a cute poem?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics