Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby food Pesach question

iggie1029

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 11:09 am
Hi, my son just turned 1 year old. He is my first. Last Pesach he was only 6 weeks old and I was nursing. I noticed that he was very uncomfortable when I was eating Matzah. Although I am no longer nursing, I am nervous about what to feed him this year. Normally he has oatmeal every day for breakfast. I just bought the Pesach "oatmeal" and am considering the pancakes also. But I worry that it will really upset his tummy. Does anyone have advice for what to feed the babies?

morah

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 11:13 am
He can have eggs, cheese, yogurt. Meat and potatoes. I assume at one, he has tried all these things. Also, just because the matzah seemingly was an issue last year (is he allergic to wheat or gluten?) doesn't mean it will be this year. You can feed him matzah products and if it seems to bother him, then stop and stick with the other items.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 11:15 am
Scrambled eggs, fruit, or yogurt for breakfast. Pesach is a time where kids eat lots and lots of yogurt.

for lunch and dinner, just try and make sure there's stuff at the meals he can eat. Chicken, soup, soft kugels (like potato), fish, steamed veggies.

My son always loves when I make him sweet potato 'fries'. just cut up a sweet potato, and sprinkle some seasoning on it if you like, and bake.

Applesauce, cheese, pancakes made with matzah meal (if you eat gebrokts, obviously).

There's plenty he can eat, as long as you prepare ahead of time. Just make sure he stays well hydrated to help him digest any matzah type foods.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics