Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
HELP! NEED TO INCREASE MILK SUPPLY

imamom3

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 10:32 am
Does anyone have any experience with any vitamins etc that can help me increase my milk supply??
Does the Zahlers lactation success work? if so where can I buy it in Jerusalem?
Anyone have experience with shefa milk drops?

busydev

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 10:33 am
fenugreek and extra pumping. if any of those drops/supplements you mentioned have fenugreek then it should work.

rw555

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 10:41 am
I was told that dates increases milk supply

Heyaaa

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 10:55 am
I just bought shefa milk half hour ago. I can let you know if it works. Are you drinking enough? You could be taking all the vitamins in the world and eating all the proper food but if you don't drink enough you won't have enough milk

imamom3

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 11:04 am
That's really funny because also bought shefa milk half hr ago!! Very Happy
I drink gallonssssss...that's also what the pharmacist told me..

tweety2

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 1:33 pm
Brewers yeast worked wonders for me. When I my baby was 5 mnths old I became engorged for the 1st time.

imamom3

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 2:25 pm
What exactly is brewers yeast? where can I buy it and how do I take it?
P.s. is it very fattening ?

aheit53

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 2:47 pm
Anyone ever test the Quality of their milk? My 2.5 wk old baby will be on me for up to an hour. I hear and see her sucking and swallowing but is still looking for food when done. She will drink a 2-3 ounce bottle regardless if I nursed her. I am wondering if my milk is too watered down and therefore not satisfying her. Btw I am hypithyroid. am taking 100 mcg synthroid daily. Not sure if that cud be affecting quality

aheit53

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 2:49 pm
Anyone ever test the Quality of their milk? My 2.5 wk old baby will be on me for up to an hour. I hear and see her sucking and swallowing but is still looking for food when done. She will drink a 2-3 ounce bottle regardless if I nursed her. I am wondering if my milk is too watered down and therefore not satisfying her. Btw I am hypithyroid. am taking 100 mcg synthroid daily. Not sure if that cud be affecting quality

maapse

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 3:40 pm
I tried blessed thistle, fenugreek, mothers milk tea, zahlers lactation success, pumping for hours and hours... none of it helped.

The only thing that worked for me was Domperidone (16 tablets a day). I got it from my doctor.

good luck.

tweety1

Post Sun, Oct 27 2013, 4:40 pm
I was on brewers yeast too. Beer (which is known to help for great milk) is made from brewers yeast. U take 9 tablets a day. Some people can wean themselves down to 6. I bought it in my local health food store. I didn't gain any weight on it.

NTR150153

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 8:50 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I was on brewers yeast too. Beer (which is known to help for great milk) is made from brewers yeast. U take 9 tablets a day. Some people can wean themselves down to 6. I bought it in my local health food store. I didn't gain any weight on it.

9 pills a day? did you take them all at once or divided

penguin

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 9:47 pm
birah shechorah. (non-alchoholic such as maccabee) it has brewers yeast I think or something similar, doesn't taste great but add a lot of chocolate syrup!

bigsis144

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 9:57 pm
The lactation consultant at DS's pediatrician's office suggested oatmeal in addition to fenugreek, extra pumping, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics