Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Can I use pareve hand blender w/ veg soup cooked in Meat pot

medola

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 1:27 pm
The soup is pareve but cooked in meat equipment
Can I use my pareve hand mixer/blender to make it a blended soup?
Or will that change the pareve mixer to meat status?
The soup is hot btw.

Ty!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 1:42 pm
Would it be possible to boil the mixer blades after using it? That might restore it's parve status?

When you have time. Before using it on anything milk.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 1:57 pm
AYLOR

The answer will likely depend on factors such as when the pot was last used for meat and if the soup contains any ingredients classified as a davar charif (ie onions). It might be OK if you wait for the soup to cool, but I'm certainly not a posek.

medola

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 2:07 pm
Thanks Dolly and Rutabega!
I just enjoyed the soup chunky, for now... ;-)

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 2:44 pm
certainly not while it's hot ...

I'm also not so sure I would be comfortable using anything pareve on something cold but cooked in a meat pot ...

if it happened by mistake is when I would ask the shayla's - not just because ...

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 2:50 pm
Chunky soup is fine too. Yum.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 8:31 pm
I would do it if it was cold. If the pot was not Ben Yomo (used for meat in the past day) then I would, according to my Rav, be able to treat it as pareve. You don't really have a question as long as things are colder than Yad soledet bo. Especially if the pot is not ben yomo.

In general, I follow my own Rav and for quick reference, Rav Binyamin Forst, but I also work as a Mashgiach and

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Mon, Mar 03 2014, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 12:04 am
If the pot was clean and not used for meat in 24 hours then the food has a parve status and therefor you can use your blender in it.

That's what my Rav told me.

I am not a Rav I am just telling you what my Rav told me.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 10:35 am
andrea levy wrote:
I would do it if it was cold. If the pot was not Ben Yomo (used for meat in the past day) then I would, according to my Rav, be able to treat it as pareve. You don't really have a question as long as things are colder than Yad soledet bo. Especially if the pot is not ben yomo.

In general, I follow my own Rav and for quick reference, Rav Binyamin Forst, but I also work as a Mashgiach and

What about if the soup contains something that is a davar charif (like onions)? That is considered "hot" even if the mixture is actually cold.

medola

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 11:33 am
Thanks for the insights! I realized I think I fried the onions in a Fleishic fry pan, although the pan had not been used for meat in over a day. The veggie soup was also cooked in the fleish crock pot for shabbos lunch (tried something different than the usual chulent). I feel like even if I use the pareve hand blender on the soup while it's cold, it is still spinning blades - doesn't that have a different treatment sometimes?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 11:35 am
medola wrote:
Thanks for the insights! I realized I think I fried the onions in a Fleishic fry pan, although the pan had not been used for meat in over a day. The veggie soup was also cooked in the fleish crock pot for shabbos lunch (tried something different than the usual chulent). I feel like even if I use the pareve hand blender on the soup while it's cold, it is still spinning blades - doesn't that have a different treatment sometimes?

Based on all of this I really think you need to AYLOR.

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 11:41 am
also the material composite of the crock pot will matter ... is it a stone liner or a stainless steel, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions