Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Good Patent Lawyer

proudmom8

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 4:49 pm
I am in need of a good, competet patent lawyer that is not toooo expensive. I do not know where to turn for referrals. Has anyone here had any positive experience with a patent lawyer that they would feel confident referring others to or know of any good patent lawyers or where I can get a name from?
TIA!!

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 4:53 pm
Where are you located?

Do you want to file for a patent? Then you need a patent prosecutor, who does not necessarily have to be a lawyer.

If someone is infringing on a patent you own or visa versa, then you need a patent attorney who is a litigator.

proudmom8

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 7:43 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Where are you located?

Do you want to file for a patent? Then you need a patent prosecutor, who does not necessarily have to be a lawyer.

If someone is infringing on a patent you own or visa versa, then you need a patent attorney who is a litigator.

Thanks for your reply!

I am in Lakewood but willing to travel up to an hour and a half. I need to create and file a new patent (and first verify that one doesn't exit for this item yet). You sound like you know a lot about this.

I guess a patent prosecutor sounds like what I need.

Do you know any?

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 8:41 pm
Sorry, I don't know anyone in your area.

I have some patent attorneys in the family, so I've picked up a thing or two over the years.

You can start on your own at the US Patent and Trademark Office http://www.uspto.gov/. You can search various parameters to see if your idea already exists or not. They also have advice as to how to go about registering a patent.

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics