Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
HELP! Garlicky Soup!!

coconutbutter

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 3:27 am
I am always overly zealous with my garlic distribution in all foods. This morning however I went overboard and put an entire head of garlic in my chicken soup. It is a big pot but this is clearly too much. The smell is overpowering, I could even smell it two floors down in my apartment building....what do I do now to save it? It's a pretty much full pot so I can't really add more veggies and even if I fill the rest of the way up with water I still think it's going to be too much...

tigerwife

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 8:36 am
I've heard of adding a peeled potato to the soup to absorb excess salt. I wonder if this would work with garlic.

When I had this problem with black pepper, I was advised to add lemon juice to the soup and it did somehow eliminate the strong pepper taste.

In the worst case, garlic DOES have a lot of nutritional value and is good the the immune system!

Good luck!

nyer1

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 8:39 am
could you divide it into 2 pots and dilute with some water and potato? add some dill if you haven't already.

coconutbutter

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 8:41 am
Thanks for the responses! Surprisingly it tastes great to me! Hope DH feels the same way Smile.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 8:43 am
Don't tell him you added too much garlic and see if he even notices a difference on his own Wink.

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 8:44 am
I usually put at least that much in my soup, generally more. If you really have an overpowering taste then I would say divide and add more water. You can always freeze the other half.

coconutbutter

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 8:45 am
Thanks tigerwife....you always impress me with your very informative responses on threads.

Unfortunately, it hit him before he even walked into the house :p. There's no hiding this baby.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 9:07 am
Oh, why thank you! Very Happy
I guess there is always, the taste test.

esmom

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 9:39 am
I used to never really put so much garlic in my soup then once I pug whole head in and it tasted awesome. Now I always put in a whole head of garlic and my soup tastes so good. I have had many guests that wanted to know the secret to my soul tasting amazing And I always said it its the garlic
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics