Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Programmable slow cooker for Shabbos/YT

alte mamme

Post Fri, Mar 07 2014, 12:14 pm
Do you use a programmable slow cooker? Does it work for Shabbos and YT? What are the problems with using one?

I've always used the manual type, but now that I'm looking for a new one, I was wondering if it makes sense to spend extra for the programmable type. Seems like it would be useful on a 3 day YT....

hop613

Post Fri, Mar 07 2014, 12:40 pm
I have a programmable one, and wish I didn't. It works fine for shabbos, but I can't use it for yuntiv or a shabbo after a yuntiv because the maximum time you can set it for is 24 hours. I like that you can set it to cook for a certain amount of time, and then keep warm for another few hours, but I still think the more basic ones a re better from frum people.

alte mamme

Post Fri, Mar 07 2014, 3:30 pm
Thank you! I had a feeling there might be some sort of complication with the timer.

The Happy Wife

Post Sat, Mar 08 2014, 9:08 pm
Maybe a programmable timer that you plug the slow cooker into would work well for you. We use it for our hot plate on Shabbos and for our slow cooker on YT. We leave it set to low and the timer turns it on and off whenever we need it to.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 12:25 am
I agree with The Happy Wife. Use a Shabbos timer in conjunction with a manual slow cooker.

runninglate

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 2:09 pm
Is there a problem with using a programmable slow cooker on Shabbos?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 5:34 pm
No problem to set it up ahead of time, just problematic if you don't like that it turns itself off once it reaches its maximum.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars