Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
And I thought hilchos niddah was hard.
Previous  1  2

miami85

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 10:22 pm
doctorima wrote:
This sounds really nice, but I've never heard that. Do you have a source for saying there will be no more impurity when Moshiach comes? It doesn't seem to make sense. Women won't menstruate anymore and won't have children? These things cause ritual impurity, as do many other categories that presumably will continue then as well.

Well If I understand what Moshiach will be--and I'm not saying that I do, But there will be no satan=no impurity, no satan= no punisment=no atonement. The whole idea of a woman "suffering" from childbirth was a punisment for the sin in gan eden. I'm assuming that the whole menstrual cycle and the discomfort of it stems from that also.

I once heard a rebbetzin saying that she was nervous about what the times of Moshiach will be like because of tumah and tahara, but based on the examples above I'm not sure what there is to be "worried" about. But if there's no more sinning, but also no more opportunity to do mitzvos (or more precisely earn schar which I guess is only earned when there is b'chira to sin)--what will we do?

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 3:11 pm
sure hope those laws wont be around. dont think I can handle stricter niddah than we have already.

besides, when moshiach comes everything will be ultimate good for everyone. somehow separation and tumah status dont seem to fit with that picture

etky

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 4:16 pm
Women did not leave their homes when they were nidda during biblical times. The nidda did not go מחוץ למחנה as opposed to the leper who was required to do so. She did impart tumah to objects that she touched and/or sat and lay down on but I guess there was a system in place to deal with that.

miami85

Post Sun, Mar 09 2014, 4:38 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
sure hope those laws wont be around. dont think I can handle stricter niddah than we have already.

besides, when moshiach comes everything will be ultimate good for everyone. somehow separation and tumah status dont seem to fit with that picture

So I stand partially corrected, my DH said there is a gemara that discusses that hilchos nidda will still be around during y'mei moshiach, but I'm sure there will be a crash course on what to do. But other than that everything else is a mystery

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 12:50 pm
Indian dietary rules made me very conscious of how easy kashrus is in comparison... same for their rules of who you can marry (us= inside Judaism, plus some other rules for Cohanim, them= by caste and subcast and OF COURSE the same religion).

Our shabbes is much easier than Karaites, our nidda than Samaritans... though their wives do appreciate not cooking for the whole time.

penguin

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 12:54 pm
Just to point out, we don't discriminate against women. Men can have tumas zav (and also tumah from being with a niddah) and, of course, tumas meis.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 10 2014, 1:58 pm
penguin wrote:
Just to point out, we don't discriminate against women. Men can have tumas zav (and also tumah from being with a niddah) and, of course, tumas meis.

and nidda inconveniences them almost as much as us (just no pain and stain)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics