Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Easy cupcake frosting

nottelling

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 1:33 pm
does anyone have a REALLY easy frosting (to be piped on in a swirl) for a cupcake?

plain white frosting-- just want it to be really simple with the fewest ingredients!

can I just use rich's whip and pudding mix? or something like that? if so, how much of each?!

I'm so not a baker, I don't have sucha good feel for this stuff (although I like to pretend I do)

thanks!

momaleh

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 1:36 pm
confectioners sugar, margarine and coffee rich. plus vanilla. either use a mixer, or melt the margarine first.

nottelling

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 1:46 pm
can I use rich's whip instead of coffee rich?.. I don't have access to coffee rich

using these ingredients, it will come out fluffy?

if I use a hand mixer, I don't need to melt the margarine first?

thanks for your help!

momaleh

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 2:00 pm
For fluffy, preferably use the mixer and do not melt the margarine -in fact, make sure it is cool, if too warm it will ruin the frosting. Cut it into chunks and put in the mixer. You can use any liquid in place of the coffee rich, I'd probably use water, or if it doesn't make a difference, milk. You don't need a lot, just a bit so the frosting isn't too stiff.
Good luck!

bubbebia

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 2:50 pm
Don't use Rich's whip. It will make your frosting sickeningly sweet. You can use soy milk/almond milk, plain water or something like orange or lemon juice if you want that flavor poking through. Use a mixer as it will insure your frosting will be fluffy and lump-free. If you really don't want to make it you can buy the pre-made frosting in cans. Some of them are pareve.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 3:35 pm
don't use water ... water & oil separate & the frosting will be lumpy

1/3 cup crisco
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups confectionery sugar
1/4 cup pareve milk [or whip]

note: you can add more milk if the consistency is too thick or more sugar if it's too thin

you can also add a few drops of any food colour for FUN !!!

November

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 4:21 pm
I just wanted to add that you should beware of food coloring if you have children with impulse control issues. It can cause their behavior to be much more wild and uncontrollable. I'm just sayin'.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics