Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Far Rockaway vs Passaic vs ??

amother

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 7:41 pm
Hi,

I'm looking to move to a community that is warm, where women want to be friends with you beyond borrowing a cup of sugar or trading favors, and where kids go to each other's houses to play frequently (like I did growing up).

I feel like the "trading favors" type friendships are common in the NY area, but I'm so done with that. I want my kids to have friends that they can run over to on a Sunday afternoon without me always needing to be the one setting up the play date.

Ok, so hashkafically we are basically Somewhat Yeshivish. Not ultra yeshivish. I call ourselves "middle of the road" but I think most people consider themselves middle of the road, it's a phrase that's very much open to interpretation, lol. Smile

So.... What's the community like in Far Rockaway? Passaic? Any other suggestions? I like the idea of a place that's close to family (our family is in NY) but has an out of town feel.

All advice welcome. Tongue Out

Thanks so much.

SplitPea

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 8:10 pm
If looking into that I would look more into Bayswater than far rockaway. We moved out of far rockaway for that reason. Lived kn a block for 2 years and knew 3 neighbors all because if borrowing things.

Bayswater especially some blocks the kids play freely outside, go in and out of everyone's houses and the moms really know each other. It's much more community centered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating