Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Splenda vs sugar

Didi

Post Thu, Feb 24 2005, 6:37 pm
if a recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sugar how much splenda can I use?

proudmom

Post Thu, Feb 24 2005, 6:41 pm
I read somewhere that splenda is really bad to use

here is the info where I saw it

http://www.mercola.com/2000/de.....s.htm

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Feb 24 2005, 8:38 pm
what is splenda?

you can use honey 1 to 1

Didi

Post Sun, Feb 27 2005, 1:02 pm
Thanks for the article, my dad is diabetic and I was looking for a cake that I could make for him. Any ideas. I ended up going to the splenda website and took one of the cakes from there. It is pretty good just needs some jam to be shmeared ontop of it.

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Feb 27 2005, 8:41 pm
skip the jam Wink

supermom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 9:24 pm
funny just read an article that splenda happens to be a healthy kind of sugar substitute. And you use it like you would use sugar cup for a cup.

IndyMom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 11:10 pm
I was totally into splenda a year ago, but after having it every morning with my oatmeal I ended up in the hospital with the worst stomach cramps- I thought I was having an ectoptic pregnancy. I wouldn't have put the two things together, but after I read some information on Splenda a few weeks later it made perfect sense to me. I'm not saying Splenda is bad, but I had a bad experience so I don't think I will try it again. I like using honey instead of sugar. OF course, if your diabetic your options are limited, so weighing the risks and benefits splenda is probably the way to go over other sugar substitutes.

lucy

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 11:16 pm
Someone close to me is a diabetic and their doctor has adviced them to use real sugar and not substatutes!

Being natural substance something the way it breaks down in the body (can't remember exactly)

But most recipies cut the sugar in half won't notice the difference!@

miriam

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 11:30 pm
I use natural maple syrup.

queen

Post Sun, Apr 03 2005, 2:22 pm
I could hear specific people having reactions with Splenda, however my OBGYN told me he just did the recent research on it and did not come up with anything bad.

Anything can be determined to be bad. Within moderation most items are ok.

queenie

Post Sun, Apr 03 2005, 9:45 pm
My Rabbi just told me he had a checkup and his sugar was a bit high. He was told to lay of sugar for two weeks and come back and be tested again. He was told he could use splenda instead. Also, it can be used by diabetics bc even though it is made from sugar (fructose/dextrose/sucralose) bc it doesn't have any carbs, calories or fat calories to be calculated.

As for having cramps, unless you really eliminate other food and still have the splenda and get the cramps how do you really know what was causing cramps?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen