Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Cleaning lady or cleaning service for pesach?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 10:22 am
So as always, I am freaking out about pesach. I currently have a cleaning service booked to come clean right before pesach. I already have the bedrooms done and will continue to clean on my own and section off certain areas as chometz free zones as I continue to clean. Then I will have the cleaning service come to do the kitchen and a once-over of the rest of my apartment. My husband is not thrilled with the idea of a cleaning service and would rather have a cleaning lady come a few times from now till pesach. My biggest issue with this is that things would be cleaned earlier and we would probably have to move into the kitchen to eat for the next month, which is hard when you have a 4 year old at home. I figured I should clean as much as I can till right before pesach and if anyone runs around with food, it's not that big of a deal because the cleaning service is coming right before pesach anyway. What do you think is better? I just feel that having things done in advance when you have kids is very difficult. I am also not doing any cooking before pesach because we will be by my in-laws for all the meals.

Barbara

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
So as always, I am freaking out about pesach. I currently have a cleaning service booked to come clean right before pesach. I already have the bedrooms done and will continue to clean on my own and section off certain areas as chometz free zones as I continue to clean. Then I will have the cleaning service come to do the kitchen and a once-over of the rest of my apartment. My husband is not thrilled with the idea of a cleaning service and would rather have a cleaning lady come a few times from now till pesach. My biggest issue with this is that things would be cleaned earlier and we would probably have to move into the kitchen to eat for the next month, which is hard when you have a 4 year old at home. I figured I should clean as much as I can till right before pesach and if anyone runs around with food, it's not that big of a deal because the cleaning service is coming right before pesach anyway. What do you think is better? I just feel that having things done in advance when you have kids is very difficult. I am also not doing any cooking before pesach because we will be by my in-laws for all the meals.

We use a cleaning service, and they do a great job.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 11:19 am
I vote for you to do whatever makes you feel the most calm. Unless your house is really big or really cluttered, I don't think you have anything to stress about. It will be fine Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics