Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Very important question
Previous  1  2  3

monseychick

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 3:14 pm
The interesting stuff you learn on Imamother

I should really keep a notebook and put out of sefer "Toras Imahos shel Mokom Ha Issur"

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 3:27 pm
greenfire wrote:
how so ... did they wear a scarlet letter during nidda ?!

I believe not 100% sure, women wore different clothing when they were a niddah in the times of the beis hamikdash

mommy9

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 3:31 pm
I only wouldn't have seen him til after his haircut first thing in the AM. It would have been worth it for him to start learning Torah in kedusha and tahara. Being a niddah has to do with being tomei not your tampon dripping blood. The girls were usually in school on their brothers third b'days. When they were home they were not so traumatized to stay in their rooms til the hair was cut. In any case, they are being brought up to respect their own minhagim and not bash other peoples minhagim. As for the grandparents who were hurt, people old enough to be grandparents are old enough to respect their childrens minhagim also.

eschaya

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 2:38 am
Nowadays we do not retain ANY of the halachos pertaining to tumah and taharah other than a woman being forbidden to her husband during niddah, so I don't understand why this minhag would be retained.
Interestingly, once a boy has reached adolescence he is presumably tamei... and will remain so for the rest of his life, while a woman actually is a tehorah after she is tovel and before tashmish. (This was a big nechama for me after dh and I discussed it). So the men in the room are for sure tamei while the women in the room are only likely to be tamie. So I don't get this whole thing for another reason.
Just another example of the many opportunities to make women feel dirty and unclean and impure and subpar. Makes me hopping mad.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics