Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is this a good enough reference?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 5:25 pm
I have known (I will call her Alice here) for three years. She applied to volunteer as a befriender for us. Since then she has been an active, loyal and trustworthy volunteer. Alice initially visited a housebound lady and she regularly went to see her. Alice displayed many fine qualities including, reliability, sensitivity, care and warmth. She understood the boundaries of the role and always showed the client the greatest respect. Since this lady has passed away Alice has been helping a 90 year old lady use a computer.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 12:46 pm
??

harriet

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 12:52 pm
It looks good to me but what is a "befriender for us?" Are you the person who she befriended? The person who runs the organization that sends out befrienders? You mentioned how long you know her (great) and in what capacity (kind of-what is a befriender?) but not what your position is. You might want to say something like.

"In my role as director of the xyz organization, I have gotten to know many volunteers. Alice is one that really stood out as blah, blah, blah. When she worked/volunteered as abc, she displayed qrs qualities"

You also should (but don't must) close with something along the lines of

"I feel Alice will be an asset to abc-the position she is applying for-and I wholeheartedly or enthusiastically or unequivocally recommend her"

It's not too bad, just could use some tweaking (especially if you really think well of good old Alice).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics