Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Kashrus Question

purpleink

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 5:22 pm
Does anyone know of a rabbi who knows hilchot kashrut well that I can ask a kashrut question to? I don;t just want to call the o-u or star-k because I want someone knowledgeable answering the question, not just someone looking at a list.

Thank you!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 6:16 pm
If this is halacha, there are batei horaa. If it's kashrus, like hashgacha, you really would do well contacting those agencies, I would think. I think that the OU Webbe Rebbe is pretty knowledgeable.

chani4

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 6:20 pm
rabbi eidlitz

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 8:50 pm
My DH is a community rabbi and kashrus is the biggest chunk of halacha questions he gets. That's what they're trained for. If there is something really specific like chemicals or additives he checks with someone he learned previously who now consults a major kashrus organization. So ask your Rav first, I would say.

bubbebia

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 8:53 pm
If you call the OU, OK, Star-K, Chof-K there are usually rabbeim who can answer your questions. They may take a number where you can be reached and call you back, but they do answer your questions. Is there a rav that you feel comfortable talking to? Do you have a friend who knows a rav? That's the best place to start.

purpleink

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 1:10 pm
Thank you so much for your help. I called the OU and Star-k and there were very nice people who tried to help me but they were not knowledgeable. They were very obviously flipping through some book and said that this product needs certification from a kashrus agency. I am not shopping around for a "yes" answer. I just want to make sure if the answer is a "no" the person I am speaking to is listening to me and understands why I think this specific brand would be different because of the method it was processed. I emailed Rabbi Eidlitz so hopefully he may help.

(And I don;t have a LOR Sad to ask- wish I did)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions