Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
She's done it again
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 7:31 pm
I wish you would know how darn hard it is to know yet not be able to change any of it - it's not as easy as that. I cannot handle their wrath and I am breaking myself so... for whatever it's worth - obviously then it's me. Not cause I didn't try but because ............... and it's not one thing it's EVERYTHING - are you happy that you know ... should I list all my failures, my weaknesses, my thoughts .... you would never begin to know inasmuch as you think you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piper

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 7:50 pm
Since we don't have it *group hug emoticon*

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 2:20 pm
I am posting anonymously because I used to steal. It had nothing to do with the money my parents had. I stole becuase I wanted to impress my friends. All my freinds did...they stole huge, expensive things. THey would spend hours talking about all the carzy bad things they did. I was too scared so I stole small things I knew I could get away with.
Do you know your daughter's friends? They can really be influencing her. My best freind got caught, when my parents found out they came in to my room. My mother held me and cried and told me she felt so bad for my freind, that she had to steal. She said that she was proud of me. I cried too because I felt so awful. I've never stole again. Not becasue of fear of the law but of fear of hurting my mother. I was a tough teenager but now I am my mother's best freind. Hold on to her, she will realize, she will grow, she will learn.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 2:23 pm
does she have a therapist?

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 3:20 pm
Just so you know I even offered her to do s/t for me for a few $$ and she didn't care and I told her I would prefer that than to her stealing. Yes unfortunately money is low - so unrealistic things or prices cannot be had - but they have what they need. She already got in trouble for stealing a pack of cigarettes last year with her "friends" cause they were also doing it. She thought the moral of the story was "never steal when you're high or didn't sleep". Therapy - that's a good one. she's never happy & quits. ... This is not your typical case this girly has more than one issue, including suiciality - so.... let's see oh -yeah truancy - yesterday and today she did not go to school ...

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:10 pm
This is your baby...maybe its time to force her into a serious rehab program. Did your last post say she was suicidal. You must force her to go to a rehab program. I know that there are some in Israel, I'm not sure where you are from. Keep strong....she's your baby.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 7:53 pm
Don't worry so much - been there done that - we're working on the educational aspect of her life - mostly it is making a big difference - was just disappointed by the setback but it has changed her attitude mostly about herself - focusing on positive or at least trying to

brooklyn

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 4:51 am
Don't have any practical advice. Just wanted to say that I think you are an amazing person and (((HUGS))).

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 4:57 am
Yo - thanks brooklyn
Today my baby was getting moody Sad - I know she has an entirely different personality from the start - it's probably raging hormones Exploding anger - but I would like at least 1 sane girly here!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children