Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Question about straws & connectors toy

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 3:18 pm
About how many do you need in order to really have fun with it?

We just came into possession of what appears to me a very large set. My kids are too young to play with it just yet but I hear it's a great toy so I've stashed it away for the future and/or for when their older cousins come over. But I was just thinking it's such a large set that maybe we should divide it up and give half away so someone else can enjoy it. I have a relative whose kids would love it and a mutual relative who will be traveling to visit them soon and could deliver it. My box says 750 pcs and there was another smaller container full alongside it, not sure if that was overflow because the people who gave it to us couldn't fit the original back in the original box, or if they had more than one set in the first place. I don't *think* I am crazy enough to sit down and count straws (&connectors!) to figure this out, but you never know.

Opinions from people who have this toy: Do you think the toy would still be about as much fun split in half, or should I selfishly hold onto the whole thing?
(Also, if you have the original authentic "Straws & Connectors" brand, do you know if the box comes so full that you can't re-pack it or if it's more likely that we have two sets or a set and a half here?)

yummydd

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 3:22 pm
I had to repack it into a container as it was too hard to put into the original box every time as it meant squeezing it in.
I can't tell you how much you will need though as my kids don't play with it too much yet.

Last edited by yummydd on Sun, Mar 23 2014, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 3:22 pm
My son got it last year for chanukah. I think we have a 350 piece set or even less. He made many cute things with them- comes with a few ideas. I put them into a bin right away.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 3:25 pm
I lost the original box so not sure how many pieces are in our set - I'd guess maybe 400? It's enough for my 3 kids (7,5 and 5) to play simultaneously and each build rather huge structures. Great toy. Especially for my son who's been in O/T for a while.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 3:33 pm
So I guess 750 is indeed a huge amount and I can give around half to my nephews and we can all still have fun. Great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics