Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Dd decorated her doll with pen. how can I get it off?
Previous  1  2

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 5:45 pm
You did this too, when you were little yourself?

Blue jay

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 5:46 pm
Yep.

I saved all of my cabbage patch kids dolls. And one has a blue ink line on its forehead.
I was also an "artistic" little girl. Smile

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 6:04 pm
Why tamper with a family tradition.

Be proud of these embellishments and don't worry.

Don't try to get them out.

Blue jay

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 6:10 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Why tamper with a family tradition.

Be proud of these embellishments and don't worry.

Don't try to get them out.

ah, I know but its been bothering me since I was 5 years old!

Thanks dolly! You are so nice! Even if I cant get the ink out, I will still treasure my cabbage patch kid and share it with my dd!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 6:15 pm
You didn't mess up your doll.

That was what looked right to you when you were little.

Maybe you were drawing her thoughts.

eschaya

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 10:22 pm
as a mother of 3 boys (OK, and one girl too) I am tickled to pieces by this thread. What is not colored on or taken apart or taped or mangled in my house? I have never even thought of trying to get pen off a doll. If it's not hte doll it's the walls, or the table, or dishes (with Sharpie). I would say, b'h it's on the kid's doll and nothing worse!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:23 am
Moms, if you can't be responsible enough to keep your Sharpies secured, then you're obviously not mature enough to have them in the house! (Same goes for scissors, nail polish, etc.) Do you leave choking hazards laying around too? What about kitchen knives?

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:30 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Moms, if you can't be responsible enough to keep your Sharpies secured, then you're obviously not mature enough to have them in the house! (Same goes for scissors, nail polish, etc.) Do you leave choking hazards laying around too? What about kitchen knives?

I find this post extremely judgmental and unfair. Anyone with small children knows that they get into things, even things that are secured. They get into the places where we think they will never be able to get to, and when they do, we move on to find a new solution.

My children are still young, but I can imagine that in a home where there are older children as well, it's much harder or impossible to be on top of everyone and make sure that every single little thing is put out of reach of the younger ones.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:36 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
I find this post extremely judgmental and unfair. Anyone with small children knows that they get into things, even things that are secured. They get into the places where we think they will never be able to get to, and when they do, we move on to find a new solution.

My children are still young, but I can imagine that in a home where there are older children as well, it's much harder or impossible to be on top of everyone and make sure that every single little thing is put out of reach of the younger ones.

Sorry, I forgot to enable the sarcasm font. Tongue Out

Even though I was mostly joking, the message behind it still holds true. Would you be so casual with oven cleaner?

BTW, I'm hardly perfect. I figured out the hard way how to get crayon off of walls, how to install security latches, and that puppies will chew anything that isn't nailed down or put on a high counter.

Culturedpearls

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 6:42 am
Hair spray works but needs to be done before you try anything else.
My DD5 did this & tried washing it off with soap. Hair spray didn't work that well after that. Still faint marks all over the dolly's face. Oh well, she still loves it.
A $120 doll mind you!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry