Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Mikvahs in Israel
Previous  1  2  3

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 10:03 am
smss wrote:
but how would they know that when they come into the room to check you? no one's wearing anything more than a towel at that point...
They see each person when they come into the mikvah, no?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 10:05 am
wispalover wrote:
OK, I have a new theory. I think I get questioned because I don't cover my hair and I go in pants. My friend here, who only wears skirts and a sheitel, says she has never been questioned at any mikva- again, I cannot speak to mikvaot in areas where you and Etky and Sanguine live- only the ones here where I live.
That is an interesting theory, a silly one, I believe, but interesting. (not silly from you wispaover, but silly if it is true.)
How would a mikvah lady know if someone wearing pants and no head covering did more or less to prepare for the mikvah than someone who wears skirts and covers their hair, you know what I mean?
But I do hear your point.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 10:09 am
smss wrote:
but how would they know that when they come into the room to check you? no one's wearing anything more than a towel at that point...

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

smss

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 11:47 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
They see each person when they come into the mikvah, no?

in my mikvah, there's usually one lady at the desk who you pay when you come in, and a few others who come to the rooms to check and watch people tovel. but maybe it's the same person in some mikvaos?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 2:35 pm
smss wrote:
in my mikvah, there's usually one lady at the desk who you pay when you come in, and a few others who come to the rooms to check and watch people tovel. but maybe it's the same person in some mikvaos?
Yup, in all, except for the rbs b mikvah that I have been to, there is just one or two women sitting at the front and they are both the mikva women that watch you tovel as well.

etky

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 2:41 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Yup, in all, except for the rbs b mikvah that I have been to, there is just one or two women sitting at the front and they are both the mikva women that watch you tovel as well.

Our mikvaot are relatively small so there is only one balanit on duty. She mans the front desk and the bor. Sometimes it gets pretty hectic for them, doing both.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 3:18 pm
wispalover wrote:
OK, I have a new theory. I think I get questioned because I don't cover my hair and I go in pants. My friend here, who only wears skirts and a sheitel, says she has never been questioned at any mikva- again, I cannot speak to mikvaot in areas where you and Etky and Sanguine live- only the ones here where I live.

LOL. I had the opposite theory till I read this. I always come in pants with uncovered hair and I've never been questioned,beyond the automatic did-you-check-on this day- and-clean-yr-teeth-toenails-? I don't even hear what she's saying, I nod yes and I'm led into the room.

This has happened to me in many mikvaot around Israel, including several years of dipping in Ra'anana.
I always thought they don't ask me anything in detail because they don't want to scare away people who might not come at all if the experience is too invasive.

A mikva lady has never cleaned or filed or touched any part of my body. just automatic in and out.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 3:23 pm
Come to think of it, I hear them asking this automatic list of questions to every woman they lead into a changing room. I don't think they're doing any inspecting after that.
In any case, they made a good call, because there were years I probably wouldn't return if I'd been subjected to an inspection.

wispalover

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 3:29 pm
smss wrote:

There are 2 ladies who do it all here.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions