Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Shoe Marks

myself

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 10:07 am
Any idea how to prevent shoe marks? DS's shoes are making marks all over our wood flooring. It's not so new anymore and still causing trouble. Our floors are covered in black streaks that look awful and are a nightmare to remove. Of course I can tell him to wear slippers in the house but I'd rather not.

When buying shoes is there a way to know whether it will cause marks?

Most importantly, is there anything I can apply to the shoe to prevent the marks?

Thanks in advance LOL

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 10:47 am
myself wrote:
Any idea how to prevent shoe marks? DS's shoes are making marks all over our wood flooring. It's not so new anymore and still causing trouble. Our floors are covered in black streaks that look awful and are a nightmare to remove. Of course I can tell him to wear slippers in the house but I'd rather not.

When buying shoes is there a way to know whether it will cause marks?

Most importantly, is there anything I can apply to the shoe to prevent the marks?

Thanks in advance LOL

Don't wear those shoes in the house. Wear house slippers that do not scuff.

Now, to remove scuff marks: Buy a can of tennis balls (3 in a can). Cut out of a piece of it and put it under the mop (or you can get on your hands and knees without cutting the ball) and rub away until it comes off. It works.

myself

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 12:18 pm
Thanks for the advice Scrabble. I've managed to remove the marks beautifully using Cif but I don't want to have to keep cleaning it all the time. After one evening of walking around the floor is covered.

I should get him to remove his shoes indoors but... Is there really no way to stop the shoes doing that?

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 12:42 pm
myself wrote:
Thanks for the advice Scrabble. I've managed to remove the marks beautifully using Cif but I don't want to have to keep cleaning it all the time. After one evening of walking around the floor is covered.

I should get him to remove his shoes indoors but... Is there really no way to stop the shoes doing that?

Change the soles to a non scuff sole? Duck tape the bottom......

Those ideas are pretty impractical and ridiculous though. Once he gets use to changing his shoes when he comes home it will become second nature...

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 3:47 pm
shoes come off at the door ... shoes go on at the door

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 3:59 pm
greenfire wrote:
shoes come off at the door ... shoes go on at the door

Just wondering, do you have a rack? Or hide them in the closet? What if kids need a different shoe? Sneaker, Shabbos Shoe, Boots, Rain Boots, etc. Where do you keep shoes in general?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics