Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Hot water urn on Shabbos mode boil light still goes on

blueberries

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 11:51 am
Is there a water urn that I can use on Yom Tov that will not make the boil light go on when I add water? I currently have a hot water urn that even on Shabbos mode the light still goes on.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 11:58 am
Mine doesn't but my old one did so what I did was I would boil the water on the stove and then pour it in already boiling so the light didn't go on.

blueberries

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 12:58 pm
Interesting. Thanks.
Can anyone suggest a company that makes a Yom Tov mode that will not make the boil light go on.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:18 pm
blueberries wrote:
Interesting. Thanks.
Can anyone suggest a company that makes a Yom Tov mode that will not make the boil light go on.

Yes there is definitely one made by Classic Kitchen, sold in kosher stores with a hechsher that it is refillable om Yom Tov (with a special switch). I have it; its great. However, it is NOT a pump pot, but it's larger -- 40 cups and is stainless steel. It's expensive -- around $100. Classic Kitchen also makes a pump pot with a hechsher, but the ad I have doesn't say if it is refillable on Yom Tov, so I don't know about that one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics