Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Vouchers
1  2  Next

gumgum

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 11:42 am
does anyone know were I can apply for vouchers in Brooklyn?
I am trying to get my ds into playgroup and most places only wana take me if I have vouchers.
what are the criterias you need to meet to be eligable for vouchers/
I have food stamps and medicaid so I think I might be eligible

happy chick

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 11:49 am
you'd think you would be eligible, but vouchers are for working people. both parents need to be working with a minimum income, not sure what happens when there is only one parent. I havent done full research on it, so im not 100% sure what im talking about. I've heard that you could get a letter of some sort, maybe from a dr why you cant be working. dh and I both work, but im only pt, so im not meeting the minimum income, but I would love to get vouchers myself.

gumgum

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 12:08 pm
happy chick wrote:
you'd think you would be eligible, but vouchers are for working people. both parents need to be working with a minimum income, not sure what happens when there is only one parent. I havent done full research on it, so im not 100% sure what im talking about. I've heard that you could get a letter of some sort, maybe from a dr why you cant be working. dh and I both work, but im only pt, so im not meeting the minimum income, but I would love to get vouchers myself.

I am bh expecting so I cant work so I can get a letter from my doc.
but were can I apply?
who do I call?

happy chick

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:05 pm
I'm sorry, I do not have any contact info for anyone who does this kind of stuff. I got this info from someone who has vouchers.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:28 pm
happy chick wrote:

I know several people who get vouchers with only one parent working

gumgum

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:32 pm
can someone please tell me how to apply and whom t ocontact???
thanks

suzyq

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:49 pm
Try this:
http://www.dccnyinc.org/view/p.....care_

(Though I'm not sure pregnancy precludes someone from working.)

Mirchrude

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 9:59 am
I would also like to know how to get vouchers. I see so many ads in the Torah times about playgroups that accept vouchers, which must mean that many boro parkers are getting vouchers. There must be a way to get them

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 10:06 am
From what I hear, vouchers is a hard thing to get. Its not so simple. The playgroups want voucher clients because they get double from what parents would pay per kid.

Pineapple

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 10:11 am
flowerpower wrote:
From what I hear, vouchers is a hard thing to get. Its not so simple. The playgroups want voucher clients because they get double from what parents would pay per kid.

How hard can it be? I keep hearing about someone else who has vouchers or a child not being accepted to playgroup because they don't have vouchers

Eishes Chaim

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 10:14 am
This person can help you get vouchers. His name is Shlomie (718) 791-6203.
It didn't work for me cuz you need a minimum of 3 children for it to be worthwhile. Otherwise it only lasts a year. (Or so I have understood)

saw50st8

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 10:16 am
If you are not working, why do you need playgroup vouchers?

Eishes Chaim

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 10:38 am
I'll assume cuz it beneficial for the child to interact with others, even if she's not working. And she wants her child to have that without spending the $600 a month

Barbara

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 10:48 am
Vouchers are subsidized childcare. As someone pointed out, if you are not working outside the home, you have no need for childcare. Notice I said "need," not "it would be a desirable thing." They look at income and need for childcare:

Quote:

In order for a family to receive subsidized child care services, the family must meet specific financial and social eligibility criteria that are determined by federal, state, and local regulations. In order to determine whether a family is eligible for subsidized child care, the parent must appear at an eligibility interview at an ACS child care office.

Financial eligibility is determined by a family's gross income, with consideration of family size. Fees for child care services are based on a sliding scale.

Social eligibility requires that a family has an approved "reason for care". Acceptable Reasons for Requiring Child Care:

You are working or in an approved training or educational program
Your child or family is receiving services from either ACS or the Human Resources Administration (HRA) or a social services agency.

Quote:
Do I qualify for the ACS voucher program?

You qualify if you:
Have children under age 13
Have a qualifying income (see the table below)
AND

Meet one of the following requirements:
work 20 hours or more a week
attend an approved school (high school, GED program or 2 year college) or training program
receive services such as cash assistance, TANF or public assistance (if so, please apply for child care directly at your Job Center)
receive preventive or protective services for your child

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 10:51 am
If op can't work because she's expecting, perhaps she also can't take care of a small child. Although I still don't know if she would be eligible for vouchers.

gumgum

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 11:08 am
saw50st8 wrote:
If you are not working, why do you need playgroup vouchers?

once your child is 2 he belongs in playgroup.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 11:12 am
He does??? Why is that???? What has this world come to that others have to raise your kids from babyhood?

Pineapple

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 11:17 am
gumgum wrote:

What Scratching Head

saw50st8

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 11:23 am
gumgum wrote:

I understand you want them in playgroup (2 year olds do need socialization, but that doesn't need to happen at playgroup), but vouchers are for working parents (AFAIK anyway).

suzyq

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 11:31 am
gumgum wrote:

That's nice in a ideal situation, but if you can't pay for playgroup, and you're not even trying to earn money to pay for it (meaning you are CHOOSING to be a STAY-AT-HOME-MOM), why should I pay, with my tax dollars, for your child's playgroup expenses?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics